The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Mind Stunts" DVD by Kuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
I've PM you P.B check it out...

Sorry for the trouble, everythings has a solution Smile

Read you soon

Kuffs
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Thanks, I have now found a solution to the problem
Phillip
bootweasel
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of bootweasel
Having read Marc Paul's lecture notes about anywhere, anytime mentalism and been secretly very pleased with the reactions to his book test I was very, very happy with this.

Not only is the production superb, quirky and entertaining, but Kuff's tricks really delivered. I love the range of effects covered and the simplicity, few, simple props and methods so bold I felt dirty just watching the explainations.

A welcome reminder that mentalism needn't revolve around centre tears and nail writers. There is absolutely no excuse not to perform bold business and watchism at every opportunity. So this is exactly what I intend to do.

If blindfold routines make a big comeback, blame this man.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I had wanted to give my review of the DVD much earlier, but couldn't and I still can't. I ordered my copy from Kuffs and have not recieved it.

Yes, I'm in Singapore but it definitely wouldn't take this long.

Kuffs, please advise.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Hello Alex, I have contact you by a PM do you receive it ?

I have many problems with my web page hosting, the server is down for couple days still... So if you have try to contact me by my email adresse, I have not receive your email so far

Sorry for the trouble. please be patient, everythings will return to normal has soon is possible.

Thanks for you patience and accept my apologies for all delay

Kuffs
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I had the same problem with an unusually long delivery delay (mailed 12/12; delivered 1/3) and Kuffs, to his credit, immediately offered to send another DVD the next day (when I contacted him on 1/2). Then, wouldn't you know it, the original DVD actually arrived the next day!! Go figure. Anyway, I was able to stop the mailing of the 2nd DVD. I wonder if the problem had/has anything to do with Canadian Customs?

Just got done watching the DVD and I must really give Kuffs credit for originality and style in his presentation of the effects. Kind of reminded me of the Flicking Fingers DVD in that regard.

I liked a number of the effects--particularly the Dangerous Monte, the Book test and the Bold Business effects.

All of the effects demonstrate that Kuffs is a working professional. The routines are all well thought out, relatively simple in method--thereby leaving you free to devote yourself to your presentation.

It was throughly enjoyable to watch and many of the effects can be essentially performed impromptu and can be kept at the ready just in case you are in a "show us an effect" situation or in case the airlines lost your luggage, your effects were in that suitcase and you have a show to perform that night.

The only "downside" to the DVD was the unclear menu navigation options for the effects. Initially, I had no clue that the VIDEO explanations immediately followed the video performances under each of the menu's separate effects; I actually thought that the only explanations were the WRITTEN explanations that were on the .pdf files on the DVD. A friend of mine had just the opposite reaction. He figured out that the video explantions followed the video presentations but he had no clue that the .pdf files were even on the DVD!! A more comprehensive menu system would have been more useful and would have made it easier to both find the video explanations and the .pdf files. Even with that minor "speed bump", a terrific DVD.

Thanks for sharing, Kuffs.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Shipping from Kuffs to the UK was very fast for me.
Oh and the DVD is great! Very nicely and professionally produced, and a joy to watch. The performances are superb, and the effects are great too. Recommended.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I definitely hope that my copy would arrive soon. Smile
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
Hi –

Reading these posts it sound like I had more trouble than I thought.

I had no idea that video explanations were on the DVD I just though it was the .pdf files – which I can’t seem to access. My computer doesn’t even read the disc. Does anyone know how to access them properly? I do have Adobe Reader but like I said several computers I tried it from doesn’t even read the DVD.

Thanks
Drew
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Have you tried playing the DVD on a DVD player rather than a computer?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-01-09 13:46, Drew from Spotlight wrote:
Hi –

Reading these posts it sound like I had more trouble than I thought.

I had no idea that video explanations were on the DVD I just though it was the .pdf files – which I can’t seem to access. My computer doesn’t even read the disc. Does anyone know how to access them properly? I do have Adobe Reader but like I said several computers I tried it from doesn’t even read the DVD.

Thanks
Drew

Drew,

The video explanations are accessed by going to each of the single effects on the menu and clicking on it. Up will pop an intro screen and then the video performance AND THEN the intro screen again AND THEN the video explanation. (On some of the DVD software programs, you can get to the video explanation more quickly by using the "slider bar" to move through the individual performance item.)

The .pdf files are found by going onto a computer, getting into Windows Explorer (or My Compuer), going to the DVD drive icon, clicking on the Mind Stunts folder and then clicking on the "English Explanations" folder. The 5 effects that are in .pdf format are there.

I know, kind of counter-intuitive. Should have had an "Explanations" section on the DVD MENU and then, under the "Explanations" menu, there should have been two choices: video explanations and also the .pdf files.

The only reason I found the .pdf files in the first place was because I couldn't find the video explanations initially and so I went into the DVD's actual files via Windows Explorer and it was then and there that I discovered the .pdf files. And, not knowing that there were actually video explanations, I just assumed that the .pdf files were the only explanations!! Imagine my surprise last night when I discovered the video explanations accidently by letting one of the single performances "run over" past the intro screen for the second time. Whoa!! What a surprise!!

Hope this helps.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
124 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
<<<<<<Drew,

I know, kind of counter-intuitive. Should have had an "Explanations" section on the DVD MENU and then, under the "Explanations" menu, there should have been two choices: video explanations and also the .pdf files.

Hope this helps.

Mike>>>>>>

Hi Mike –

I’ve had the DVD for about 2 weeks. I am computer literate so I understood what a .pdf file was when I read the ad.

When I received the DVD I immediately put it into a computer to get to the >pdf file so I could print it out to read while I watched the DVD.

If it was there I would find it however the computers I tried it on (and I’ve tried several) do not even let me access the DVD at all – it reads “Drive Not Accessible”. Then I watched the DVD – it played fine but I didn’t know about the hidden explanations till about 2 days ago when I read a previous post on where they were and how to get to them.

I was actually hoping that it was more complicated to get to the .pdf file and that I was missing something. Obviously I wasn’t so I believe I have a defective DVD and I just can’t access the .pdf file. I’ve emailed & PM’d Mr. Kuffs about it – so maybe he could just email me the .pdf file because the DVD itself plays fine.

Thanks for your help
Drew

By the way if any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to buy this DVD – let me push you off that fence and say BUY IT.
Coolmagic
View Profile
New user
My mom...
67 Posts

Profile of Coolmagic
Hi everybody, I'm a friend of Mr.Kuffs and I'm talking on his name right now. His computer and his website are down for now so he can't reply your e-mails or pm. This is why you have no answer since a couple of days. Don't worry, for those who have troubles he will answer you and arrange everything when his computer will be repaired. If you want to read the .pdf files on your computer, you must have a DVD-ROM. It doesn't work on a CD-ROM.

He is really sorry and he hopes everybody will understand the situation.

Thanks
VCM Smile
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Thanks for the post. I was just wondering why Kuffs has not replied to any of my PMs.

Let's hope that Kuffs gets his computer back into action soon.
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
Definitely a must- buy.thank you patrik for being so 'bold in your business'.
good luck.
hmk
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Kuffs,

I have PMed and emailed you many times but have not heard from you. I had paid for your DVD and it has been more than a month. It has taken way too long and I have not recieved my copy of your DVD which I have paid for.

Please resolve it soonest possible.

Alex Tan
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Quote:
On 2004-01-24 10:07, Alex Tan wrote:
Kuffs,

I have PMed and emailed you many times but have not heard from you. I had paid for your DVD and it has been more than a month. It has taken way too long and I have not recieved my copy of your DVD which I have paid for.

Please resolve it soonest possible.

Alex Tan

Alex - He might still be unable to be contacted or contact anyone with his computer being down (was discussed earlier) However, if it helps, let me tell MY story -

I ordered a DVD from Mr Kuffs at the beginning of December, waited a few weeks, it never arrived. I PM'ed him and he responded saying it was mailed, and if it did NOT arrive in a day or so, please PM him again and he'd send a new copy out immediately. I waited until the beginning of January to PM him again, and said it still did not arrive. Then a few days later the ORIGINAL copy (postmarked on Dec 5) arrived! I think it ran through a few mail loops (not his fault, mind you!) He IS trying to resolve the problems, and your copy will probably arrive, yet somehow obviously a batch of mail was screwed up somewhere (Many of us had the same problem) Please be patient, as he may not be able to contact you. Mr Kuffs is a class act, and is not trying to deceive you. (I'm speaking from experience)
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Just got a look at this. It's a very entertaining DVD; Kuffs brings the magic learning tape into the 21st century with MTV style set-ups and camera angles.

I especially like Kuffs' Bold Business which is his drawing dupe routine. And more than that, I like Kuffs' creativity and playfulness in his presentation. It will inspire you to see where you can break with tradition and use your own unique qualities in performance.

My wife, who generally dreads when I pop an L&L tape into the machine, had a large smile on her face as she was watching the performance part of Kuffs' DVD.

If you're interested in a playful approach to mentalism, I recommend this tape.

Jack Shalom
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I did not hear from Kuffs despite numerous PMs and emails. Granted that he's having problems with his computer but a month to fix it??? He could simply get a reply to me from a friend's computer or at an internet Café.

Yes, I'm getting impatient and whatever others said, I can't help but get the feeling that I have been ripped off.

If someone knows Kuffs personally, I would appreciate if you could let him know about this.

Alex Tan

After numerous posts, PMs and emails, I still did not hear from Kuffs, so can I conclude that he ripped me off of US$30.00?

It is strange to me why would he do such a thing considering the amount is not big, but it's really hard for me to believe otherwise.

Alex Tan
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Finaly get a new computer Smile

I am sorry for all troubles and will fix any more problems left.

But to answer mr Alex Tan, please consider your statment a little over acting... Do you realise, that you wrote, I rip you off $30...

It look like you have less patience than all other unfoirtunate poeple that have wait far to long for theyre dvd...

I can understand your frustration, but please don't cross the respect line Smile

I have refound your money by paypal and will send you a new dvd for you to show you my good business side to fix a out of control problem.

And by the way, I don't have to go to internet Café, while I have some really important show to prepare. Sorry for all delay but sometime world is not running like we want

If by any unfortunate chance you still have not receive a product from me. Please consider pm me or email me, and I will fix all problems has soon I know it Smile

Kuffs

P.S. Happy to be back... I have alot posts to read now Smile

Especialy, one that I need to find.. It's a post I made where I am supposed to insult Max Maven... If anybody found it before me, let me know. I will be very much surprised, because it is not in my priority to insult people... But, maybe I was again mis-understood... Or some have still ego problems to fix...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Mind Stunts" DVD by Kuffs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL