The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Releasing my "Signed Folded Card to Sealed Sugar Packet" (??) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Oh wow...haven't been on here in a few days and nice to see new interest and some PM's too!!

Been "playing" with the origional "gimmick" and decided that it really isn't that easy to make...plus it really takes some handling to make it work right. So I've come up with an easier handling that requires NO gimmick and still allows the folded 'n signed card to end up in not just a "sugar packet" but a "Sweet 'N low" packet... which is about the size of a folded card anyway. The card still ends up folded really nice (two different ways to do this) and the packet is taped shut (on one side) and the spectator(s) still get to open it and you finish clean with no "several card gimmick" in the deck. This is something I'd been working on for some time also and is a lot easier but still produces a good effect.

Also, I don't know how many on here remember my work on the "Torn 'N Restored...and handed out newspaper" from a few (??) years ago...but I've been working on this since and it's looking really nice also. Works well as a full T & R 'paper and as a "pre torn" also. Been getting gimmick "materials" together for this for about the last 5 years or so.

I'd really like to put out a really GOOD deal so am thinking about offering both of these together plus a couple card effects I "invented" over the past several years and all (with the required gimmicks for both)...and all for around $50

This way, there's going to be somthing that just about everybody will like (I H O P E!!)!!

I know...I need to get some video demos of these on here and see from there!! Will work on that and post 'em after a little more work and making sure all works easy and all! But all's looking good!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Tom, have you seen Jeff Stone and Jay Sankey's Infiltrator?

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48463
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Not to do any exposing but Infiltrator doesn't use a signed card. I believe the impact here is being able to load a signed card into the packet and let the spectator open the packet. Nice idea if it's smooth.

I'm not a fan of combining several effects to create a higher selling price. This sounds like a strong enough of an effect that can stand on its own, so would not be interested in the other "stuff". IMHO

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ron, can't you use a bankers clip and do a signed MFolded card with Infiltrator?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Nope. Infiltrator uses a d*******E of the item. No signature that the spectator can open. Go to Sankeys page and read the description. All gimicks are pre-set.

-Ron

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks Ron. I have Infiltrator but not too big on signed cards ( I use them when I feel appropriate ) so I never tried it with signed cards.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2012-10-14 01:19, Zombie Magic wrote:
Tom, have you seen Jeff Stone and Jay Sankey's Infiltrator?

http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48463

What's old is new is old... So funny to hear Sankey say there were only 2 ways magicians made items appear in a sugar packet: 1. By tearing the packet, inserting item, and not letting spectator hold/rip open item. 2. By making it look like the item was being removed from the packet when it was never in there.

I've been performing my signed dime to Equal packet for years. It's called Absorption (aka- OJ Simpson dime to sugar packet) and it's on my first DVD Catapult! And somehow, impossibly, it doesn't use either of the 2 methods that Jay claims have been the only two methods ever used to get an item into a sugar packet. Spectator signs a randomly selected Equal packet. Spectator then signs/initials a dime. Dime is vanished. Spectator rips open the signed Equal packet only to see their signed dime fall out. I don't say this to beat my chest. I say it to reinforce how absurd one of the greatest minds in magic, Jay Sankey, has become.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Brian, if I came up with what you did, I'd certainly be beating my chest.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Aw, go on and toot your horn, Platt. You deserve it. lol

-Ron

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Releasing my "Signed Folded Card to Sealed Sugar Packet" (??) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL