The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Non-Cheesy/Expensive ghost candle trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Just out of curiosity, are there any remote-controlled ghost candle tricks (i.e. self-lighting/extinguishing candle) that isn't really obviously plastic and fake or hundreds of dollars?

Cheers!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1673 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Spookyone,

Keep in mind that part of what one is purchasing when investing in these effects reflects a tremendous amount of time in research, development, field testing, tweaking, etc. before the good (the *really* good) props are released. Part of what will make the effect not appear 'cheesy' (aside from a non-cheesy story) is the believability of the prop being used. These do come with a commensurate price, most generally. And, as such, you can be assured you will be getting a prop that will serve you well.

Proprietors to look up would include those of businesses like Alchemy Moon, Lebanon Circle, Outlaw, Gemini Artifacts, and Subversive Circuits (to name only a few). All of these proprietors are frequent contributors to this forum.

Best of luck and let us know what you end up with and how it works for you!

David
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Thanks David! Yes, many of those names I am familiar with and they seem to have great props/effects. I'll see if I can find something appropriate, perhaps there is a trick that I can use a normal candle with even?

Cheers,
D-
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
658 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
http://www.mediumarts.ca: Psychic Entertainment & Contemporary Art
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Thanks Lucien! I saw the second one but not the first one. Interesting!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1673 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Here's a link with some more info from Spooky members...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
That's awesome, thanks David! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Non-Cheesy/Expensive ghost candle trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL