The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Alterative to Don Wayner's origional Danceing Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Does anyone make a good quality copy (or rip off) of the original DW dancing hank ?
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are copies of the original on the market. How good they are? I have no idea!

I take it you are not interested in the $300 version?
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
754 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Mak offered a version but it isn't very well made and the movement action is bad. I've found several originals on auction sites at reasonable prices.
As for the $300 version I purchased one and was totally disappointed with it. The origial is way better because the added feature on the $300 version always ended up a knotted mess.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have to wholeheartedly disagree, the Ultimate version is outstanding, and makes it a miracle.

It seems to be common theme for people on the Café, they always blame the prop for their inability to operate a magic trick properly.

The originator Sean Bogunia is using it regularly in his shows around the world and on cruise ships. It was also great enough to get Puck to the next level on America's Got Talent.

http://seanbogunia.com/ultimatehank1.html

61magic, which original are you referring to, as there were 2 different models made by Don Wayne.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The in hand version used by David Copperfield; not the bottle.
..... and not the Tenyo dancing hank, which is good, but not for what I'm doing.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
754 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Bill Hegbli it seems you have a common theme of being quick to assume when one doesn't care for a prop they are somehow inept.
The is a quote from Sean's website where he addressed the very issue I can referring to:
"The spool is completely enclosed! This helps to eliminate any possible tangle problems by keeping the thread away from moving parts!"
So I guess we can agree to disagree. I believe the original Don Wayne version(s) are better.
Cheers.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
61magic, I guess that is the difference when a person actually handles all the models, and one reads promo material. Sean's early versions were not enclosed, but with proper handling, this was not an issue, as he still had a guide installed. His newer version is enclosed to prevent the possibility of tangling. Not that the earlier version did, I guess he has to justify the increase in price somehow.

I had both the original Don Wayne versions, and in my opinion, they lack the ability for a creative routine. As they are sold, they do not give a way to get into the effect or suggestions how to end the effect. They were nicely made, but the rubberband was a real 'bear' to replace as well. Sean's done away with rubberband working.

If you read my post again, I in no way said you were inept, but it is common theme of many posts here for all the members to knock a good product. Don Wayne's was less expensive, and you did get good value for the price asked. It just left the purchaser with a lot to work out for himself. Magic has always been this way, but today's customers, believe it should be all laid out before them so all they have to do is open the package and perform like a professional.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
754 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Bill Hegbli, I have owned both versions of the Don Wayne product and the first version of Sean's product. I in fact sold the one I had of Sean's version to another Café member.
So I guess I you and I have an equal expertese to make a recommendation...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-09-29 00:09, 61magic wrote:
Bill Hegbli, I have owned both versions of the Don Wayne product and the first version of Sean's product. I in fact sold the one I had of Sean's version to another Café member.
So I guess I you and I have an equal expertese to make a recommendation...

So..............
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 21:58, 61magic wrote:
Bill Hegbli it seems you have a common theme of being quick to assume when one doesn't care for a prop they are somehow inept.

I'm inclined to agree. No offense, Bill, but you seem angry all the time.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 14:03, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 21:58, 61magic wrote:

I'm inclined to agree. No offense, Bill, but you seem angry all the time.

I am very happy all the time, so I guess it is all those who are so defensive about my comments. I believe in honesty. So if the shoe fits, I guess it is the readers own gilt that is reflected.

It is a common theme, to not read my words as typed but to change them to what they think I said.

Alan, as for you, when you ask for help, you are stubborn to consider the advise, and stick with your old way of doing things. Why ask if you don't want other ideas and suggestions. (Notice that is a period, not a question mark.) The Café is a discussion forum, but you and others never discuss, but are quick to get defensive, and stick up for the person who does not explain himself in any way. So how is one to know if he throws things around or actually treats his props well. So it does come into play as a consideration, and must be mentioned. So if they jump to feeling insulted, then want to defend their actions, that is their problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that you have taken this forum off topic, I will bring it back on track.

RingMaster, here is the cheap import model currently on the market, which is a copy of the Don Wayne Dancing Hank.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Dancing-Handk......6739.htm
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 20:00, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Alan, as for you, when you ask for help, you are stubborn to consider the advise, and stick with your old way of doing things. Why ask if you don't want other ideas and suggestions. (Notice that is a period, not a question mark.) The Café is a discussion forum, but you and others never discuss, but are quick to get defensive, and stick up for the person who does not explain himself in any way. So how is one to know if he throws things around or actually treats his props well. So it does come into play as a consideration, and must be mentioned. So if they jump to feeling insulted, then want to defend their actions, that is their problem.

But, that's the filter with which you choose to view things, rather than the reality of the situation. Before I ask a question, I've already tried many things. I'm just looking for something I haven't already tried.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-10-03 16:35, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-30 20:00, Bill Hegbli wrote:

But, that's the filter with which you choose to view things, rather than the reality of the situation. Before I ask a question, I've already tried many things. I'm just looking for something I haven't already tried.

So you see Alan, your acknowledge your questions are not worded properly, to actually get the help you request. If you did not realize it, we have never met, so assuming I, or anyone else would know what your getting at, and trying to express. You then should tell us so we do not waste our time on things you have already tried, instead of ignoring the many suggestions by members kind enough to give you some advice. I don't think that is to much to ask of a person requesting help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Alterative to Don Wayner's origional Danceing Hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL