The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemists bane (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I kind of would like to have one of,David Eichler's sets!
Just,because he made them ! Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I'm luck enough to have both one of David's and one of Vic's sets.

The Gemini Artefacts "Pro" set is a thing of exquisite beauty, but David's more 'rustic' set is incredibly well produced and the inexact cutting of the cards provides a couple of unexpected advantages.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Mine should be here tomorrow. I may also make a set of my own, I just don't have the time I used to have, and I wanna perform with em!

Why did I wait so long to get these?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Mine arrived today. . .these are really cool!

Beautiful work, Vic.

Highly recommended!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I was able to score one of David's lovely sets,it arrived today...
She,may play with DEK(WA)!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Hi, First time post, Just recived my "AB" cards from Gemini and have to say I Love them, The print quality is tip top and the plates look lovely, they are printed onto nice thick board and the manual is just stuffed full of diffrent approaches and handlings. It took just one week for them to arrive from the states which I think is really good. (I'm in the UK) Value for money 10/10.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:
On 2013-12-18 10:47, Louis Cypher wrote:
It took just one week for them to arrive from the states which I think is really good. (I'm in the UK) Value for money 10/10.

Really?
Mine's been underway since October 28th.
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I have been aware and in contact with Van Helmont about this issue. It's a USPS error. PM Sent.
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
There are those that say and those that do; Vic's BOTH!
Thank you sir.
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I have never waited more than 3 or 4 days for anything from Gemini Artifacts unless it was being customized and even then never more than two weeks. Vic will bend over backwards to get you your stuff and it is never less than perfect. I have at least 7, if not more, items from him.
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Agreed, Vic has excellent customer service and quick deliveries!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thanks guys! Van Helmont - new tracking number sent. It's on the way as promised. As the standard with this product, customers receive a tracking number within 24 hours.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-12-18 17:56, Vic Nadata wrote:
As the standard with this product, customers receive a tracking number within 24 hours.

That was MY experience; great cards!

Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
Strange, but when this effect is done w/ New Yorkers in the middle of Winter, virtually every spec looks at these green-naturalistic cards and will put them in the Positive/benign pile.
You end up with 15-18 in Posiive pile !
AND they REMEMBER placing the HEMP(Marijuana) card in the Negative pile !
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, Gismologic wrote:
Strange, but when this effect is done w/ New Yorkers in the middle of Winter, virtually every spec looks at these green-naturalistic cards and will put them in the Positive/benign pile.
You end up with 15-18 in Posiive pile !
AND they REMEMBER placing the HEMP(Marijuana) card in the Negative pile !

Well. No they won't, if you perform it properly. Do you have a set? Do you know this for a fact?
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I remove hemp card for ootw style presentation because ppl have a preconcieved notion of it and remember where they put it. I also tell them that when they are done the piles should be about even. This effect slays and is hands down my go to for ootw
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Are you guys performing for botanists? Boy Scouts training to earn their Plant Identification merit badges? Smile
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
Well.. I wouldn't be posting if I had not been in possession of a deck and doing the routine.

ZoOpDoG is absolutely correct about the Hemp card.
Aside from the seasonality effect I have pointed out,Latin specs have a definite affinity to color in this routine. The "Trailing Nighshade" and "Devils and Angels" cards are the only cards in the deck with prominent red pigments in the deck. Psychologically these cards seem to bring forth a positive hit on the spec.
Further, they (along w/the Hemp card) stand out as something they remember in their decision process.
I have done the routine 14 times in the past 10 days,these are my observations.
Do what thou wilt..
Cheers !
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
ZoOpDoG - I tend to just state that "... in the Plant kingdom, herbs use color and form to achieve it's ends to procreate.
This has helped to even the lopsided tendency in the deck.
I thought about the programming of the spec to state that the results should be "about even".
This sounded more like a force to my mind..
Cheers
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Gismologic interesting observation will keep it in mind.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemists bane (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL