The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Espionage Wallet (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Appreciate if anyone could list the routines that come with this wallet
cheers
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
Could anyone tell us how many s#&*ts in the index?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
From what I recall, 6 Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Correct, but each one can hold 2-3 cards, pics etc.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Can someone offer what routines are on the Espionage wallet DVD which comes with this. I like the description of the routines with the Infinity wallet because they involve money which for me justifies the wallet. Also card to wallet included tends to tie it all in nicely for a bar routine setting. Any run down of the routines for Espionage appreciated to compare. I'm thinking it is more mentalist orientated than Infinity.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Quote:
On 2013-06-03 15:59, Exitmat wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-02 17:40, DynaMix wrote:
Exitmat - you could get away with both - but heirloom may not look so great with such a thick wallet. I'm not very familiar with what's in a name but I just looked up the video - you could get away with the effect sans Mullica feature as shown in the video. The espionage has an SUC feature.

Alex - the p****d card to wallet and non both have the card entering the wallet the same way. Thru the aforementioned suc feature. I've done it quite a few times, with proper misdirection it loads fine. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the reply, DynaMix. Am I correct then in interpreting that to mean the Espionage wallet has 16 indexes then?

Hey I'm sorry I missed this somehow. I believe the internal index has 3 walls with 3 slits each for 9 slots total. However there are another 6 slots that double as card holders inside the magnetic flap.

Regarding the routines, I can't recall them all but the standouts were a signed coin to wallet and a visa cabaret style routine.

I should mention that I used this as my everyday for a long time, but ultimately switched back to my SAW. Just couldn't deal with the thickness.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Which peek is better the Espionage or the SAW ? Looking at getting either this or the SAW but like the Espionage cause of the card to wallet.

Want a wallet that will do both CTW and mentalism but also has a good peek.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Better is a relative term, they both have a peek that needs the wallet to be opened and one that doesn't. The latter is similar in both the wallets but the former is very different. Of the "internal peeks" which is better depends on what, when and why you are peeking but I'd say the SAW has the easiest internal peek but some might consider the espionages more deceptive.

I love my espionage but for pure mentalism the saw wins in my opinion. For magic and mentalism then I think the espionage might just edge it but that's based on the effects I wanted to do when I bought it. Since then I only perform mentalism and so were I buying it now I would go with the SAW for a variety of reasons.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I basically agree with Marks thoughts 100%.

The saw gives you 2 peek options. The espionage peek is quite clever though, something I've never seen before.
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Cheers for the info fellas.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I own an original SUC cases, a SAW wallet, Outlaw Effects Magnum, and various cheaper p**k wallets. A few questions:

1) Has anyone tried to carry Powerball 60 in this wallet? Normally it wouldn't fit in a normal credit card slot. I have found an area to carry it in my SAW.
2) Are there two bill areas, like the Heirloom Wallet? And does it have the other workings to the heirloom wallet inside? (I have seen the Heirloom but don't own one)
3) Has anyone tried a pickpocket routine like the one demonstrated on Gregory Wilson's Pickpocket Passport wallet? I realize this isn't a h***er wallet but it looked like you could achieve similar results. (Minus holding a full sized passport.)

Thanks in advance.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Never got an answer so I went ahead and ordered this. It arrived yesterday and I have been through the DVD.

First off, here are the answers to my questions:

1) Powerball 60 will fit in the billfold compartment. Or you can place in a secret compartment I found by accident. If you are on the SUC side you can slip cards through the zippered opening opposite from the SUC! They are now sandwiched between two layers of credit cards and are very well protected. Also as opposed to using one of the leather card slots, you don't have to worry about stretching the leather out as tends to happens in these slots.

2) There are two bill areas. One has the i***x and the other does not. To be shown clean the other bill area has to be shown. I was surprised more detail on this wasn't on the DVD.

3) There is a nice little two phase pickpocket routine explained on the DVD that I find as effective as Greg's version.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
My initial reactions:

1) Holy crap this wallet is big! It barely fit into my pants pockets ... maybe you guys have bigger pockets in the UK. Also with minimal cards inserted the wallet is the thickness of a deck of cards.

2) I wish the magnets were stronger. It isn't strong enough to hold my Mogar knives through my pants. This is a huge bummer. It would also keep the wallet together as you open the bill compartment without the workaround.

3) Was I missing a second DVD? I enjoyed the DVD and there were a few good effects that I will definitely be using. However I would have preferred some information on how this wallet ages, tips for taking care of it, how much to carry in it, how to prevent things from falling out the bottom bill area. I know these are things I can figure out with time, but I would have preferred to hear about these guy's road tested experience. The most glaring omission was instruction of one of the features the wallet was advertised as .. a no palm card to wallet. There is one effect explained for the palm to wallet (which includes a very cool reverse version of it) but no real discussion of a stand alone no palm card to wallet. I am thankful I also own the Assassin Wallet and can use some of the effects from there as well.

Despite these drawbacks, do I like the wallet? Oh heck yeah! I can't wait to put this thing into action!! And I finally can carry cash again. I didn't enjoy how I had to carry them in my SA.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I've found another problem with the wallet. It doesn't come packaged with self control. I know I shouldn't use the wallet for 4 tricks in a row .. but by durn ... I can't help myself! You really can hit the ground running with this wallet and the problem is wanting to use this for too many effects for the same audience.
BrentC_Magic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of BrentC_Magic
I just ordered this wallet from Penguin. I currently use and have an F1 Nitro Wallet.

From reading this thread, I understand that it doesn't have an out to lunch principle, so I'm not a fan of that, but oh boy this wallet looks like it has a ton of stuff it can do!
I am really excited for this, and I've heard good things about this.

Cheers,

Brent
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, Chris Meece wrote:
I've found another problem with the wallet. It doesn't come packaged with self control. I know I shouldn't use the wallet for 4 tricks in a row .. but by durn ... I can't help myself! You really can hit the ground running with this wallet and the problem is wanting to use this for too many effects for the same audience.

I totally understand. This thing is a workhorse!

Peter
luuhoaitu
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of luuhoaitu
Can someone tell me the secret forum for this Espionage wallet ? I bought this wallet yesterday, I want to see Gary Jone's handling about CTW.
Thanks
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I have one for sale. Unused. In its box, v. Good price. PM me.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Lukasz P
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Lukasz P
Few days ago my Espionage Wallet has come . The leather looks excellent and tool have many function to create miracle . Highly recommend my friend if you like work with wallet looks like regular everyday wallet
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
How does the function to predict placement of three cards work in this wallet. Is it like dobsons take note
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Espionage Wallet (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL