We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Astrological Sign--Kozuch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh my.
Got this in the mail the other day. The effect is that a spectator looks up their astrological sign in a booklet and you reveal the sign.

Well okay. The principle involved may have other applications, BUT the booklet has the spellings of the Astrological signs in SPANISH! And in addition, each sign gets two different pages, but the sign for Sagittarius is spelled in two different ways: Sagitario and Sagitarius.

So even if you were performing for a Spanish speaking spec, the booklet is still mismade. In addition the instructions are near incoherent. Nowhere on the packaging or in any of the advertising I've seen for this effect does it mention these issues.

Kozuch is Argentinean, so I guess it was developed for his market first, but the English translation is totally inadequate. There's no manufacturer's name on it, but there is a website in tiny tiny letters on the back. I'll visit there, and let you know what happens. Anyone else have experience with this item?

Jack Shalom
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Sounds like an adaptation of the little astrology book that was included with Phil Goldstein's book "Thabbatical", the effect was called "Zodiagnostic" p.52.

Paul.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hello, I am Eduardo Kozuch, I wrote in another topic about the spelling mistakes in the booklet, and I offered to send the replacement pages.

There were only 50 units with spelling mistakes,(and I already sent the replacement pages to 21 people,) then a magician who bought it, advised me about the spelling mistakes and I re-printed it and sold more than 500 units.

My e-mail is ekozuch@kadima.com.ar and if anyone of you have this effect, please write to me telling me the address where I may send the pages and I will send them.
Regards,
edu
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for replying. I'm glad to hear that this only affected a few units. I understand that often the creator of an effect does not have total control over the manufacturing process, so I appreciate your trying to set this right. I will send you an email.

Thanks,
Jack Shalom
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Quote:
On 2003-10-27 17:13, Paul wrote:
Sounds like an adaptation of the little astrology book that was included with Phil Goldstein's book "Thabbatical", the effect was called "Zodiagnostic" p.52.

Paul.

Paul, No it is not. The little Goldstein book was an extention on branching anagrams which was the main theme in Thabbatical. This is entirely different, you do not attempt to spell out the thought of sign. You obtain the sign by other means.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hello everybody, to perform this effect, you have to read the instructions very carefully, because they are not easy to understand at once even if someone reads it in Spanish.

So it's probably are harder to understand if the translation is not perfect. (Although the instructions were translated by a professional).

But after you understand the instructions, and you practice just a very few times, this effect is very very easy to perform, so if some of you find it hard to understand, please write me asking me whatever you want.

Also I will take photos and send with every single step, so everyone who bought it , can use it.
ekozuch@kadima.com.ar Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Astrological Sign--Kozuch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL