The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Nostradamus Clock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
HI has anybody ever had problems with the locking mechanism not working or know how to fix it if its isn't working?
Many thanks, Stu
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Mine never work too.
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Have you had any joy fixing one Stereo?
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Never find how to fix it Smile
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I had one that was not locking and was not making the clicking sound so I cut it opened to fix it. It worked for a while but eventually broke again. I have not found the right material to use that is resilient enough yet.

Here is the good news. I had another that was making the clicking noise but was not locking. It is now locking.

If you shake it and work with it for a while, you should be able to get the locking mechanism to re-engage.

John
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Brilliant thank you...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Mine do not make clicking sound ( make sound only when I continualy push on stick) and is impossible to lock too lol It was a brand new one, signed by the inventor in package, so I think it's manufacturing error.
I will try what you say John.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
The clicking means that the blade has not broken (that is the part that I could not fix). All the blade does is make the sound. I would be surprised if the locking mechanism has broken, it is just not engaging, probably stuck in the open position.

Give it a few hard knocks on a table, also try snapping your finger nail all around the back.

Anyway, the trick is still good even of you can't lock it, just not as good.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I was just got out my Nostradamus Clock. It was not locking. I gave it a couple if knocks and now it is locking and it is repeatable. I hope you can get yours to work Davy.

John
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1032 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Have you checked for the fix in his quatrains?
Surely he knew this was gonna happen.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes, my Nostradamus clock ticks too as John sais. Never had problems with it (touching wood!). It is a good trick - the idea of the classic D**-V***** combined with a cool gimmicked clock. I hardly perform it however because setting the time right is a bit 'hit or miss' (hard to 'move' the 'thingy' Smile ) - perhaps I need to oil the trick a bit so it gets smoother Smile

John, you are refering to the ticking as the 'blade' that does this ... what blade do you mean?
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Killer,

Don't oil it, that will most likely stop the lock from engaging. Make sure that your your finger is not greasy so you get good friction when making the adjustment.

Inside is a blade that sometimes breaks off (as it did with mine). If you hear no clicking sound when you push down and turn the knob then the blade has broken off.

When the mechanism is locked it makes the clicking sound when the knob is turned to set the clock. So if your audience member sees that the clock can't be moved without hearing the clicking noise, then they will not suspect you of adjusting it because no sound was heard.

Clicking is good. Locking is good. Trick is OK but not as good as Future Clock IMO.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thanks for the suggestions/help John!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
My locking system of my Mistery China box is broken too... In fact in my collection I have 3 defective trick.
Wonder Window
Nostradamus Clock
Mystery China Box
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Hello, I want to say Thank You to John because my Nostradamus Clock work perfectly now !!!!
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
This is something I could not know if I did not cut one open.

I was a hard decision to do the operation but it was worth it.

As they say you have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

OK Richard now add some egg animations or a Humpty Dumpty or something. ;-)
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1032 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2225 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
LOL!
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2012-09-29 15:50, stereo wrote:
My locking system of my Mistery China box is broken too... In fact in my collection I have 3 defective trick.
Wonder Window
Nostradamus Clock
Mystery China Box

When Wonder Window is 100% new in package and you follow the instructions EXACTLY as the manual sais (which most don't) it will work 90% of the time. You have to apply the pressure on the 'thing' on exactly the right position at the right time. If this is not done it will brake eventually. Davy, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you tried it the 'wrong' way, but
- often older Tenyo tricks have the glue worn off and the package can be easily opened to put a 'used' trick inside and
- there are about 1/10 Wonder Windows that just do not work fluently ... .

Nostradamus Clock: from what I have heard/read on this thread the 'clicking' mechanism is very fragile Smile

Mystery China Box: is it only the 'locking mechanism' that is defective? This locking mechanism works because a thing 'slides' ... I had a 'slider' that went ‘too easy’ (if that makes sense) and put a very tiny piece of glue on one side (be VERY carefull though!) ... .
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
In fact when I slide the locking systeme I can always push a little the "button" and the gimmick open up a little Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Nostradamus Clock (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL