The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Books about Bizzare Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I own the "Deceptions" video...fine work!

:comply:
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Richard writes: "Dragonskull is where I first learned about bizarre magick and my imagination has gone wild since then!"

Like any other branch of magic, before you get into it, make sure you want to!

In other words, before you spend any money on anything, check out what's available for free.

You're into Dragonskull; I would also suggest that you check out the late Gene Poinc's page on the Learned Pig website, and my monthly column, Bizarre Bazaar, in the e-zine Visions (www.online-vision.com).

Enjoy!

Smile

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
rcad
View Profile
Loyal user
St-Eustache
211 Posts

Profile of rcad
Peter,

I made an application (two in fact) a long time ago and never got an answer from the Learned Pig website. I gave up on it. I do read from Dragonskull and read you quite a few times on Online Visions.... Smile

I don't mind spending a little money even if it is just to expand my general knowledge about magic. In fact, I study magic as seriously as I studied communications when I was attending University. I simply love to learn more and more! As far as bizzare magick is concerned, I have incomplete scenarios still forming in my imagination; one of them having been directly inspired from you! The Jack the Ripper trick got me to imagine a series of effects on that theme and I will eventually perform it for friends.

So you see, I'm taking advantage of both worlds, thanks to people like you! Smile

Richard
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
I find it very hard to learn magic from books. I finding reading very mentally demanding. I end up reading the same passage over and over again.

Can anyone recommend a good Bizarre magic Video (PAL) or DVD?
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You're probably reading a force book.... Smile
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
260 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
I would like to submit what I think to be the granddaddy of them all. Bascom Jones magick. This was in a newsletter format and you can find them on ebay at times or at various magic auctions. Also, Collectors Workshop reprinted the newsletters in bound editions. They sorted them by type of effects rather than maintain the the format of the original newsletter. These can all be a little pricy but, they are well worth it.

In spirit and mind...Tom
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-10-28 12:49, truthteller wrote:
MAny years ago I arranged and hosted a symposium on bizarre magic for the TAOM. Craig Snader spoke on the history of Bizarre magic literature. For that event, he compiled an Annotated Bibliography of Bizarre Magic, a list of almost every book printed on the subject. I believe H and R magic may still have copies.

http://www.magicbookshop.com

I participated in that symposium also, along with Eugene Burger and George Kirkendall. It was quite an event.

Now there are approximately twice as many books on the subject.

BTW, From now until Dec. 31, 2003, if you order Sheherazade from the Adesso Verlag web site http://www.adessoverlag.com, just let me know that you are a member of the Magic Café, and I will give you a discount.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Richard writes: "I made an application (two in fact) a long time ago and never got an answer from the Learned Pig website."

Marco runs the site on his own and he is very frequently on the road for long stretches of time.

That may account for the delay or lack of response.

However, don't give up; the site is well worth it (the books -- in the public domain -- are worth the wait on their own!).

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings!
A book I still cherish, and not mentioned here: "Tales of a Magical Madman" by Stephen Minch.
While the material is of standard stock, the routines are indeed quite bizarre!
Cheers,
J.Warrens
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Books about Bizzare Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL