The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Most Enjoyable Read? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
Scott B:

I’ve heard a lot of great things about Theater of the Mind by Barrie Richardson.

I don’t have Theater of the Mind yet but I’ve ordered it along with Paramiracles by Ted Lesley. Paramiracles is supposed to be another great magic book. Theaters of the Mind and Paramiracles have not arrived yet but I believe that they will also be great reads.

Until they arrive my two favorite books to read are still; Beyond Secrets by Jay Sankey and Strong Magic by Darwin that I mentioned in my above post.

Gerard
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Malini and his magic. The most enjoyable book I've read.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
AoA definitely. There is a lot of humor throughout the book, and those funny stories that he puts. Check out Yogurt through Table for a humorous magic idea.
Glenn Godsey
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Glenn Godsey
Quote:
On 2003-11-03 01:07, Ron Giesecke wrote:
Guy Hollingworth is just a wonderful writer....

Hollingsworth is also a fine artist, a sophisticated well-spoken gentleman, and a thinker. These are not qualities that I find in abundance in people under 30 in the 21st century.

Best regards,
Glenn Godsey
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Richard's Almanac
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
As "slightly" mentioned earlier:

The bio "Milo and Roger" is probably the best biography I've read in many years. Not just magic bio's, but ANY biography.
I strongly recommend that this wonderful story be read by all. As the old movie trailers tout, "You'll laugh, you'll cry"....you will!

Wow, what a story.
Ted (Leondo)
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Playa Vista CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
Life and Times of Ted Annemann, Jinx, Hugard's Magic Monthly
ehcavaliere
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ehcavaliere
Chris Kenner's Out of Control
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I'll add "The Mind and Magic of David Berglas" !!!! It's truly a fabulous read. I'll ditto the Derren Brown books...very fun and provocative.
Kentrell
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, OH
72 Posts

Profile of Kentrell
I agree, Out of Contol and the Derren Brown books were very entertaining to read. I also enjoyed Mind, Myth ,and Magick. I laughed for an hour after I read the seance section on having a special "glow in the dark" latex suit made to fit a small monkey.

K
RichHead
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of RichHead
'Seventh Heaven' by Lewis Jones. Recently acquired. A great read by one of the best brains in magic. I can thoroughly recommend this. There is some great stuff in here.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Ditto RichHead!!!! In my opinion it is one of the best kept secrets of card magic. He truly is ingenious. Thanks Lewis...if you're out there.
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
82 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
I'll put in another vote for "The Mind and Magic of David Berglas".
JoeFreedom
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of JoeFreedom
I assumed the original post was looking at books on tricks as opposed to those on theory. Books on theory do, I believe, tend to flow more. So, I must add my current favorite; The Magic of Ascanio. But in the spirit of the original post, I am now working through Harry Lorraines "new" Classic Collection and am having a great time. I am normally much more of a coin guy, but am picking up tons of great stuff from this book.
Joe
JoeFreedom

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
366 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
I really enjoy spending time with Pallbearer's Review. I love going through it or skipping around to different versions of an effect I'm studying. I also enjoy reading the "Babel" column and the magic gossip of that time.
Keith Runion
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Keith Runion
David Acer's Random Acts of Magic
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
This may be obvious, but any of the collected magazines are always enjoyable to read. They're like opening a time capsule. My two favorites are The Jinx and Richard's Almanac.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2005-05-14 16:42, scott b. wrote:
Theater of the Mind gets my vote hands down.

Scott,

Yeh! I had forgotten about that book and the Paul Curry book "Worlds Beyond". I found both to be vey enjoyable to read and chock full of great information. I wish that all magic books were as well written and laid out.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
ANYTHING by Richard Osterlind. He's a great writer and an inspiration for all of us!
Logic Defied
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Peter Duffie & Jerry Sadowitz CardZones

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Most Enjoyable Read? (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL