The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Suitcase Table Handle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Anybody have any leads on where to get the type of handle that is on the Lefler-type of table? It seems to have a metal at each end with a rubber handle.
Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Try a music store for that type of strap handle. They are used for amps. In addition to the two ends and the rubber strip, there's a piece of spring steel inside the rubber. That's what makes it hold up.

There are two types of strips. There's a soft rubber one and a harder vinyl or plastic one. The rubber one comes apart a lot easier so I recommend getting the harder type.

Michael
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Thanks, Michael. I'll call a few music shops per your advice. I'll post a picture of the table once it's done. Maybe a picture of is also in progress.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Ohio Travel Bag company, they might be able to help you over the phone, otherwise their catalog is about $10, handles, wheels, anything you might want to repair almost any kind of luggage, including steamer trunks, as well a a host of leatherworking tools and goodies.
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Jim, I can't tell from your post if you are wanting to replace the handle on your Lefler table or just trying to find one like it for use on something else. Why don't you contact Joe Lefler?

His website is: http://www.funtasticentertainment.com/
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Tate, I was looking for a handle for a suitcase table that I'm making. Thanks, guys, for helping out! I found the perfect handle at http://www.rockler.com/. It's a great resource for woodworking tools, hardware, etc.
I'm into the home stretch – finally - on my table. Will post pictures when I'm done.

Jim
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Did you find gray carpet to cover it with?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Keir,
Just saw your post. Yes, I found the fabric cover a while ago. It's called Olefin. It's the fabric that is used to line car trunks. I got it at Lincoln Fabrics in Los Angeles.

Jim
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Jim, Thanks for the link to Rockler. They have many useful items for our trade. That heavy-duty mixer lift looks like just the thing I was looking for.

"One thing leads to another, …"
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Glod,
What are you going to use it for?

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Suitcase Table Handle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL