The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard Balls for Children's Shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Benjamagic
View Profile
Loyal user
41°02′20″N 73°36′49″W
216 Posts

Profile of Benjamagic
Would you put a billiard balls routine into a kid's show? If so, how?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I do at almost every show.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sure! You can do it to music, or how ever you wish, if talking... counting perhaps? Depends on the age of the children.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, When Supreme Magic and Roy Baker was in business there was an excellent manuscript called "Yell Up For Kids", this was a Billiard Ball Routine for the little ones, that lasted several minutes. Got the kids involved and was very entertaining.

It is no longer available, if you would like to obtain a copy, PM me.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Or....

You could do Golf Balls........

LOTS of possibilities for kids there, too..
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
When I did multiplying balls with white Fakinis for some K-2 kids, they thought I was producing eggs. But it still went over well. I did a very basic routine--no handwashing--just a basic 1 to 4 multiplication.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Eric Tyree
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Eric Tyree
I do billiard balls in every show. Just change the patter a bit to match the ages. Usually mine is a talking act with six balls and a giant pill as a finale. I tell the kids it is a clown vitamin.
Eric Tyree
Magician, Juggler and Comedian
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When I was a youngster there was Mark Wilson on television, I would watch his magic every week. He did real magic, not any of the kids yelling and involvement type of magic David Ginn and the English magicians do. Then there was the occasional real magician on The Ed Sullivan Show on Sunday night. This is what got me interested in magic, miracles that looked real. I still remember the Multiplying Candles performed by some Chinese dressed magician. It was real magic. As once being a kid, I believe kids like to watch real magic presentations as well as audience involvement type of tricks.

I always have kids coming up to me after a show, and all of them want to know about the cut and restored rope more then any other trick they seen. So if you present a straight magic trick, they will will enjoy it just fine.

This is my experience anyway.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Bill: It is true that kids like straight magic. But they ALSO like to laugh, yell and be entertained. It is an insult to those of us who like to get the kids involved to call straight magic "real magic" as if the work we do is somehow less significant, fun or professional.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I didn't take away from Bill that he was putting down any type of magic. Besides, there's nothing stopping anyone from routine powerful effects with lots of laughter. My cut and restored routine is a laugh riot--and powerful magic.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-10-01 23:21, Mike Maturen wrote:
Bill: It is true that kids like straight magic. But they ALSO like to laugh, yell and be entertained. It is an insult to those of us who like to get the kids involved to call straight magic "real magic" as if the work we do is somehow less significant, fun or professional.

Insulting - that is a strong word, I guess you did not read my post correctly, as I was referring to the original post. Straight real magic is just as strong as enjoyed as all the yelling effects.

I was taken back to my experience and not yours of course. Also consider, an hour show has time for all kinds of magic experience.

As I said, the kids never come up to me after the show commenting on the Die Box or Fraidy Cat Rabbit, they always comment on the cut and restored rope or the Multiplying Candles.

As I said, this is my experience.

Although, I never tried to combine the yelling with these tricks.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
During Halloween, I use the multiplying eyeballs.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Eric Tyree
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Eric Tyree
I do billiard balls in every show. Just change the patter a bit to match the ages. Usually mine is a talking act with six balls and a giant pill as a finale. I tell the kids it is a clown vitamin.
Eric Tyree
Magician, Juggler and Comedian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard Balls for Children's Shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL