The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Aerial fishing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
Does anyone know where I can find aerial fishing??

thanks,

taddo
Scott Penrose
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
190 Posts

Profile of Scott Penrose
Hi Taddo

Although I could be accused of advertising my own product (please accept my apologies), I have a new version which is being marketed by Hocus Pocus and it is featured on the "new items" section of their website.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search....

Regards

Scott
taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
That is the pocket version though.. right??

taddo
Scott Penrose
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
190 Posts

Profile of Scott Penrose
That's right it is a pocket version....but it still plays big. I designed it so the magician could walk out with nothing but a glass of water, put it on the table and then do the Aerial Fishing.

Scott
taddo
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of taddo
I'll check it out. thanks

taddo
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
Giday Taddo

I was introduced to this effect at a recent magic Convention and have been preparing to put it together myself. I was not aware that it was available comercialy.

One of the concepts I am working on is making it part of a routine that will enable me to produce the wine glass as well.

I have purchased a "comet" gold fish as I was informed that they were a good strong breed that should be able to handle this type of handling.

I have had a couple of runs through the routine and it works well. My only drama is determing what to use for the "fish" that is "caught". So far I have experimented with a variety of rubbery lures but they are the wrong colour.

Troppo Bob Smile (what does this bloke hope to catch in that big cup?)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bob, I've seen performers use pieces of carrot for the "fish" but you can also purchase an accessory called "fish bait" from Abbott's here in the US. It is a weighted look alike gold fish.
Where the magic begins
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
Good on ya Dave

I will check with my supplier in Sydney and see if he is able to get some "fish bait" as supplied by Abotts.

Troppo Bob Smile
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Scott,
Mike Austin was using Your product at "Taylors
Sydney Convention".( I think)

Looked not too bad at all.

Cheers
Smile
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The event where Mike Austin performed the fish at was Sean Taylor's Superday. (www.taylorsmagicshop.com.au)

It played well for a full theatre (i think about 300 people).

All they need to see is that there is something on the end of the line and then that something is swimming in a glass.

I would suggest following up my producing a gold fish bowl full of water from a breifcase (executive production).

Personally I don't feel that Mike Austin did the effect justice since he didn't have much patter and the fish landed appeared too early. (I wouldn't have noticed but he told the audience it had!)
Scott Penrose
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
190 Posts

Profile of Scott Penrose
Thanks for your comments Nicholas and Wayne....

Mike Austin is a good pal of mine and was given one of my prototypes for the Pocket Aerial Fishing for his Australia tour. He raved about the trick so much that I decided to market the effect.

Regards

Scott
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
Giday everyone

I performed the effect last night at our local Arts Council Ball.

I intend to continue to develope the effect and have set it up with a "real" Mars bar as the bait. I threw a couple of extra Mars Bars out to the audience to enhance the authenticity of the "bait". The appearance of the live fish went over really well.

I have not yet determined my final method of producing the wine glass but I have added an apearing bottle and then explain that the illusion involves the effect of changing good quality wine into water and further mention that the effect has not proven to be very popular (the wine to water). I think it has some houmour value and will continue to work on it.

Anyway I believe the effect has a lot of potential and the little "Commet" fish performed and survived well.

Troppo Bob Smile This bloke is still trying to catch something in that big cup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Aerial fishing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL