The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eric Ross Presents "Zoran's Horror Finger" by SME (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magicdahl
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Magicdahl
Just ordered mine from Eric's site before he sells out.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Just in case it wasn't clear, no, Eric and I don't hate each other. We don't actually know each other!

What I SHOULD have said (if I acted like an adult ever!) was that, as an objective observer, this prop looked awesome. And I still think it does!

All the best,
Ben Train
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-09 02:49, Ben Train wrote:
Just in case it wasn't clear, no, Eric and I don't hate each other. We don't actually know each other!

What I SHOULD have said (if I acted like an adult ever!) was that, as an objective observer, this prop looked awesome. And I still think it does!

All the best,
Ben Train

Ben, I love your sense of humor. Please don't change!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah the video looked great!!!!! I see the only negative is the messy nature of it and stain damage to Armani clothing.
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Decomposed,
This is a great concern. Yes it can be messy. And yes, if you do not use right, you could upset your spectator. While filming this, I had to perform it about 20 times in 2 days. I wore the same coat, and had gathered a lot of blood splatter on it. I went home, Sprayed it with some Shout, washed it, and the stains were gone.

I briefly cover the indoor handling on the DVD.

Ben Train, You rock!

PS. Thanks for your order Magicdahl!

E.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Eric,

I received this today and have a couple of queries:

Do you use the blood supplied? The brand I have received is extremely viscous

Is the blade supposed to lock (like a real snap knife would)?

Is the DVD supposed to be in German?

Thank you
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Drawful,

It does NOT sound like one of ours!

1. What is the Brand of Blood?
2. No, The blades do not lock.
3. NO the DVD is NOT supposed to be in German!!

Where did you order??

E.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Eric,

I ordered from Steven's magic. Marcia is going to sort it out I think (at least, I am getting a new DVD once they get stock).

The blood is Rubie's

Thanks for the quick reply

Adrian
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Drawful,
Stay in touch with Marcia. I'm sure she and Steven's will take care of it.

Sorry for any inconvinience.

Eric
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Eric

Do you recommend carrying the unit inside a sandwich ziplock bag or something similiar for strolling gigs?

It looks like it packs small.

Decomp
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Decomp,
I don't think it is necessary. But, if its going to be a long night, it wouldn't hurt.

E.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Picked this up from Eric's website before it was too late for Halloween. Seems like the perfect, creepy trick. Hope to get it soon!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Thanks Jeff! On its way!! Smile

E.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
From Florida but all over US now....
294 Posts

Profile of donkeys and waffles
I just got this and to clear up some of the confusion on the Viking site. Apparently they had some of the older versions without the new dvd and extras. I called right about the same time they bounced up to 60 dollars from 45. It comes in a nice burlap drawstring bag with a working real blade and the gaffed blade. It comes with the blood that is necessary to make this effect absolutely devastating as well as a syringe for loading. It also comes with an additional blade so I do not know if these extras were part of the original version. It comes with 2 dvds as well. The dvd goes over cleaning and loading the device, how to care for it and how to present it.

I had initial concerns about the lack of a click from the blade after the switch. The initial blade that is pulled out (should you choose to show it) has a click to it and the gaffed one does not. I have found that I can show the initial blade and with a bit of pressure, display or protrude the blade without the click noise, so it makes that concern I had non existant.

The other concern was the growing blade during the effect. I have practiced this very little and done several performances and noone has even begun to think about it or say anything about it. I just believe this is so strong, so terribly horrifying that noone will notice anything but you cutting your finger to the bone.. I have tried this without the blood and it is still a good effect but the blood obviously pushes this to another level. I am very satisfied with this product, you can control how much blood comes to your finger and there are a few different presentations on the dvd to use. I like the thought that Eric uses those little individual alcohol wipes before the performance, you can smell the alcohol and your mind makes you automatically think shot, blood, hospital etc...

Anyway, great effect, I wish the little bag that it came with was plastic lined to hold the effect while not in use but other than that just great, if this is your type of uh.. magic ? then pick this up...
3 people can keep a secret if two of them are dead... Benjamin Franklin
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Thanks for the review! I hope you enjoy!

E.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Little video I made... Enjoy and please feel free to comment and let me know what you think..... its unlisted, just Café peeps can see it !

http://youtu.be/2Z8BnB1lC2c
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Awesome performance!

E.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 20:51, donkeys and waffles wrote:
Little video I made... Enjoy and please feel free to comment and let me know what you think..... its unlisted, just Café peeps can see it !

WOW. If I had found that on Youtube I'd have thought it was someone hurting themselves.

NICE work!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5648 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 20:51, donkeys and waffles wrote:

Little video I made... Enjoy and please feel free to comment and let me know what you think.....

I must say that the performance was excellent. IMO that is the correct way a teaser/ demo video should be made. The blade's In-n-Out movement was super smooth and undetectable even while filmed at such a close range. The cutting of the finger and oozing of blood was very well synchronized. However please avoid too much rolling of the finger. This is just my personal opinion.

I am sure with your demo video; 'Zoran's Horror Finger' is going see an increase in sales provided you make the You Tube video public & with appropriate title (. . . but with the creators consent)

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
donkeys and waffles
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Thank you so much, I just made video on a whim yesterday, I was here alone so I just propped up the camera. I wish I would have had someone filming it the other day at the magic/costume store, I was originally going to do it for about 3 people and word spread quickly and I ended up doing it for about 15 people in the store. It was perfect venue as people were shopping for Halloween costumes and a few local magicians there. People were screaming,saying "don't do that " and walking away and coming back in, it was a great scene. I just wrapped my finger with a paper towel and walked away, some laughed, some were scared, most bewildered looking, you should have seen the faces.....anyway, just thought I would show a quick two minute video of what it can look like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Eric Ross Presents "Zoran's Horror Finger" by SME (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL