The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Blueprinted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
So I'm not a builder at all... seeing all the cool stuff you guys build is awesome!

A buddy of mine from high school is a cabinet builder. I hadn't seen him in about 8 years, and we reconnected and he wanted to give a try at building me a few props. I decided to pick something easier for the first, and he is building "Blueprinted" from the Osborne Easy Build Illusions book.

Here is a pic he sent me today. Just thought some of you might find it interesting.
Mike
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Hmmmm... apparently the upload doesn't work for me...

here's a link...

Mike
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
What's the effect, is it an over- the -head puppet show?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-10-04 21:40, jay leslie wrote:
What's the effect, is it an over- the -head puppet show?

Hahahaha!!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Jay, yes, that's exactly what it is... haha. Just kidding. It's a vanishing mid-section type effect. Here is the description from the book - I tried to scan the page, but it didn't come out well -

"The combination of Richard Simmon's 'Deal a Meal' and a Bamberg illusion is somewhat unlikely, but guess what? The magician announces that he has invented a weight loss machine... An audience volunteer is selected and asked to lay down on a small table. The machine is put over her and the magician points out the blueprint on the front for weight loss. He opens a top door and begins to remove (list of food items). The front door is opened and she has...lost weight. As a matter of fact - her middle is missing."

There's some of the rather lengthy text. It's basically a big periscope.
Mike
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Modeled then after a U.F. Grant headless illusionette. I assume we are seeing the back view in the photo?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Yes sir, that's what it is. He is putting it together in his spare time for me. Last time I talked to him he was painting the inside black.

I have six osborne books and about ten or twelve illusion plans, so I'm hoping this turns out to be a fruitful relationship, haha.
Mike
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Even though it seems somewhat cumbersome to travel with, this appears to be a very practical illusion with very little that could go wrong. I'm sure it will produce great reactions.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I hope so. I only do about 4-6 illusion shows a year. I'd like to up that number to 10-12 by 2014. I just sold four of the seven illusions I owned, so getting some replacements going.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Blueprinted (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL