The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » One of the best silk routines (worth watching again even if you have seen it) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Wow!

This is very good.

Anyone know how the flag was done at the end

Even if you have seen this its worth watching this great silk routine again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUY8J04PekA
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5321 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Honestly? You didn't see the steal? He took pretty much forever to get it. Pretty good assortment of body loads throughout the act. Nice act even if the pacing needs to be improved and his steals not so telegraphed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Yeah, Yeah

His hand are kind obvious but I liked the assortment of silk rountines.

My 14 year old daughter kept saying. "looking he keeps grabbing stuff" way to obvious.

The concept and the large ending was a neat.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22399 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No Harry, I did not see the steal, but with my knowledge of magic methods, I sure can come up with a good solution. What I think this act does is show some great thinking in handling to get possible methods of standard silk tricks into position. I like his unique approach to steals in only a shirt and slacks outfit.

Drawbacks, is that he was so slow and every trick was climaxed with an applause cue. Other, drawbacks for some people would be the use of 3 momme silks, not every magician like to use the sheer silks, but this had to be used for his steals.

His Silvan Knots off Silk was a very good idea on a square and that square was used for the next dyeing of silks. Although, it would have been improved with showing the left hand empty between changes.

This philosophy of his act, goes more on the Japanese style of magic, they give more attention to the display then then the magic effect, as in his Silk Fountain being spread out and floating to the floor.

Even though he was presenting standard tricks, the original thinking took it to another level. Also if he would increased his timing, his steals would have been totally invisible.

The most notable effect I got out of this was his silk production from open hand in his opening. Even though it is an old standard effect, little used because of the set up and get ready. He has shown a way to get it set up in front of an audience. Very good thinking.

Thanks for posting the web address, I will take some notes.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
A much better flag production http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rz7sBjQ2g
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Payne:

Thanks for the link. That was cool!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 00:37, Payne wrote:
A much better flag production http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11rz7sBjQ2g

The double flags was cool.

As great as she was shooting cards I thought it dragged on way way to long doing the same thing over and over.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 10:37, Kevinr wrote:

As great as she was shooting cards I thought it dragged on way way to long doing the same thing over and over.

She's added a lot more productions to her routine since this video was shot. I saw her at the IBM Convention this year and she replaced a lot of the card throwing with more parasol and silk productions. She produced an impressive amount of silks, cards and parasols without resorting to the use of the typical "Tower of Mystery" too many manipulators rely on.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Clip with Kobayashi is 6 years old, he improved a lot since then and did very well on last UGM convention
Marno
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Marno
His smile was great, the best thing about his act! Loved it.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My alternative to a flagstaff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD1RnkICvQY
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Great routines!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 11:45, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 10:37, Kevinr wrote:

She's added a lot more productions to her routine since this video was shot. I saw her at the IBM Convention this year and she replaced a lot of the card throwing with more parasol and silk productions. She produced an impressive amount of silks, cards and parasols without resorting to the use of the typical "Tower of Mystery" too many manipulators rely on.

First time I saw a lady magician produce so much stuff wearing a ballet tutu that looks like it couldn't hold anything. She also has some impressive ballet dancing skills. It seems like more and more awesome lady magicians are coming out.

Alex
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
228 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
Tower of mystery!!! Best description ever. I wonder who started that trend - my earlier recollections are from the late eighties - early nineties.
No tower of mystery is complete without the mandatory (usually telegraphed) big steal finale.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » One of the best silk routines (worth watching again even if you have seen it) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL