The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Elementary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Having made the mistake of looking at Elementary in a moderately positive light.

Does one dare to mention the newly updated version of Robin Hood in the show called 'Arrow' ?
Or shall the voices also remimisce about Richard Green and Errol Flynn?

Kotah
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
Quote:
On 2012-10-09 16:03, KOTAH wrote:
Having made the mistake of looking at Elementary in a moderately positive light.

Does one dare to mention the newly updated version of Robin Hood in the show called 'Arrow' ?
Or shall the voices also remimisce about Richard Green and Errol Flynn?

Kotah

I thought the new show was based on the character 'The Green Arrow'...not Robin Hood; I'm probably wrong though.
Nigromante
View Profile
New user
I predict that I will have
67 Posts

Profile of Nigromante
No Arrow is based off of The Green Arrow. You're right there.
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
KOTAH, please do not think an apposing view is ment to deplete your enthusiasm for a particular entertainment. You did not error.

I admit, I am stuck in another time frame and find the modernization of classic works a bit tacky. The use of modern colloquial language as well as 21st century moral values, dress, etc would be better used if writers could invent a new, modern character to portray the modern way of life, rather than pushing the round Holmes in to a square 21st box. I do love me some period Shakespeare with the dress, manners, speech patterns, and all that goes along with it. Just my tastes.

I am glad that these different interpretation are enjoyed but others and the effort is not gone to waste. And perhaps, at some point, something may come along in this vein I do enjoy. One never knows...........do one.

Thank You for the conversation.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Elementary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL