We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coffee Break by Gregory Wilson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
We may start calling Greg "Mr. Coffee". lol. Greg says it's his favorite coffee shop trick to perform and he's done it over 1,000 times.

Demo:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2890
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Wow, looks really nice. I wish Greg released a DVD with this, Stain Alive and a few other coffee tricks on it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2302 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
This one looks killer. What a great trick.
Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
142 Posts

Profile of Wizard
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 17:57, MR Effecto wrote:
This one looks killer. What a great trick.


Is this not the trick in a modern fashion we did 50 years ago with the handkerchief??
FINIS CORONAT OPUS
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 18:09, Wizard wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 17:57, MR Effecto wrote:
This one looks killer. What a great trick.


Is this not the trick in a modern fashion we did 50 years ago with the handkerchief??


Yup, which is one reason why it is so great!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2365 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Greg looks a lot different without his goatee.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 19:10, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Greg looks a lot different without his goatee.

I KNOW
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
673 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Wow, $10 for a rehashed version of the old toothpick in the handkerchief trick?
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
788 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
What is the song on that trailer? It is killing me.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Rick, Yes, the work and insight that Greg has put into this modernization over his 1,000+ performances is easily worth the $10.

It looks a lot like the trick you know, but the touches he's added will tickle you. I love his method of ending clean. Total Greg.. just brilliant.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2012-10-05 19:15, RickVancouver wrote:
Wow, $10 for a rehashed version of the old toothpick in the handkerchief trick?


If it's the toothpick in the handkerchief trick, then I have no idea how he's crumpling up the bag at the end.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Zombie! Oldie but Goodie!

PS: It could be on steroids for a hypnotist. Smile
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Just need a decent supply of Starbucks paper bags
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 14:39, Fingers_Fidge wrote:
Just need a decent supply of Starbucks paper bags


Not really. I mean, you may want to get a couple to practice with, but this isn't the type of effect that requires a lot of practice.

And other than that, you'd only be performing it in starbucks, which has the bags right there. (I'm hoping you're not going to carry around a starbucks bag and stirrer when you're NOT in a starbucks, just to perform this trick.)
darth_elevator
View Profile
New user
Utah
12 Posts

Profile of darth_elevator
I have this trick and performed it a few times for co-workers. It is a great effect and is super easy for a novice like me to do.
imagination
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of imagination
Greg did a full day workshop for our club in Florida and being a personal friend of mine I told him that he had to teach his Starbuck's tricks. He graciously agreed and so I ran down to the shop and grabbed all they would give to me. The above mentioned trick was everyone's favorite and he had many. I can tell you that the above mentioned trick alone is worth $10.00! Not sure why he hasn't made a full length DVD of the many items that involve coffee shop paraphanelia but he should! Man do I ever have a funny story to tell about Greg...he did a political event that night for me and after most people left only about 12 were sticking around and they were all officers in the military. Greg mentioned something about gun control in California and then he was asked by one lady officer if he would like to see a pistol. He said sure! Then you could hear the rushing sound of velcro as 8 pistols came flying out of nowhere.....that was a serious production from nowhere that even Greg couldn't match. It was extremely funny at the time!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 14:46, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 14:39, Fingers_Fidge wrote:
Just need a decent supply of Starbucks paper bags


Not really. I mean, you may want to get a couple to practice with, but this isn't the type of effect that requires a lot of practice.

And other than that, you'd only be performing it in starbucks, which has the bags right there. (I'm hoping you're not going to carry around a starbucks bag and stirrer when you're NOT in a starbucks, just to perform this trick.)


How do you get the bags without a purchase. The managers here won't give them out.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2013, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 14:46, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-08 14:39, Fingers_Fidge wrote:
Just need a decent supply of Starbucks paper bags


Not really. I mean, you may want to get a couple to practice with, but this isn't the type of effect that requires a lot of practice.

And other than that, you'd only be performing it in starbucks, which has the bags right there. (I'm hoping you're not going to carry around a starbucks bag and stirrer when you're NOT in a starbucks, just to perform this trick.)


How do you get the bags without a purchase. The managers here won't give them out.


Just got this as a free download from Penguin. Went to my local coffee shop (which shall not be named), and the kid behind the counter was more than happy to give me a few bags (which still work, thankfully). Reactions thus far have been VERY good. Looking forward to pulling this one out from time to time...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coffee Break by Gregory Wilson (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL