The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Scryer's Band of Readers (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Mikael make point. I think others read what he says. He think book for cold reading. it not be it.
blurb say it book for "readers" and be the real thing.plus people post it here on this thread and say 'it book for readers".
it book for readers not magic trick and mentalist.

so interest in readers, it be best book I see for it.
but interest in magic, cold reading an tricks, then wrong book for he.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

Profile of Mikael Eriksson
Quote:
On 2013-02-05 16:10, MDantes wrote:
Maybe you should read the book again Mikael.

that's what I would recommend based off of your most recent post.

(shakes head) I am not sure why you felt like this was going to be another cold reading expose...

Also, Scryer has cleared up and uncovered the largely misunderstood and misconceived topic of what most people believed cold reading to be, and just in the first few pages of the manual... Where you at Mika?

I feel like I should say that I have not read anywhere in the book that anyone believes in supernatural powers nor have I found the supernatural articles you are mentioning you skipped...

I don't think that words means what you think it means;-)

Cold reading, too, IS a system by the way. Most things are, in fact, a system;-) Maybe finding interest will help.

If at first you don't succeed, try again;-)

Hm, I think that you misunderstand me...

By supernatural, I mean that you can get information from the spirit world.

The reason I thought it was going to be about cold reading as I define it, was because no one can teach how to develop REAL powers. I base this on the fact that no one has been able to demonstrate anything like that ever.

I could not read what Scryer wrote about "the largely misunderstood and misconceived topic of what most people believed cold reading to be" BEFORE I bought the book right? So no need to ask where I've been.

The book is full of articles where the authors say "I do readings FOR REAL (supernatural)".

By system I mean that you blindly think that a certain card means that the sitter will move house in 6-8 months or anything similar.

I'm more into "tricks of the trade" kind of stuff. I'm not defining what I mean by that, as I think you understand what I mean.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I must be misunderstanding you still... However, I am still not sure that word means what you think it means:)

That's all good though.

Clearly you are taking care of it.

I do hope it works out for you.

Thanks for you thoughts on the book:)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

I'm rereadeing it now. It comes across as clearer to
me this time.

It would be nice to hear what others think about it.

:)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
People should never confuse science with a philosophy...
I've asked to be banned
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I mentioned before that some of this material may be provocative and controversial.

Eugene Burger has said that "the house of magic has many rooms," and the craft of psychic reading is no exception. I believe the various viewpoints make this book an interesting read for those adherents to this aspect of this craft.

Mikael, keep an open mind and let the differing opinions and approaches stimulate and entertain you. Once you get through this book, you will probably look at this peculiar room of the "house of magic" in a new and different light.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 04:33, Mikael Eriksson wrote:

The book is full of articles where the authors say "I do readings FOR REAL (supernatural)".

Mikael, I must confess that I didn't find the time to read the whole book until now. But from what I've read I found more than enough contributions that don't have a 'supernatural' approach.

At least for our own contributions I can verify this definitively. So there are at least those three contributions of Rainer and me that are definitively not based on 'supernatural powers', that don't have connections to a 'spirit world' and that don't even have an esoteric approach.

Best
Th.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 15:55, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 04:33, Mikael Eriksson wrote:

Mikael, I must confess that I didn't find the time to read the whole book until now. But from what I've read I found more than enough contributions that don't have a 'supernatural' approach.

At least for our own contributions I can verify this definitively. So there are at least those three contributions of Rainer and me that are definitively not based on 'supernatural powers', that don't have connections to a 'spirit world' and that don't even have an esoteric approach.

Best
Th.

Of course, if you were warlocks you'd pretend it wasn't supernatural... Smile

Actually, I do readings all the time using a modified Bauta system and I believe I am using no supernatural powers or connections at all!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
With a hard copy in hand, I've dived into it, and must say that much of the material is excellent, excellent, excellent. At this point in my reading of the book, I can single out and commend Tony Razzano's essay on Psycards, Joe Zabel's 6 week spread, and Steve Rivkin's and Jon Stetson's unique takes on their styles of readings. So far, I'm finding the book very satisfying indeed.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
If you have not read the Monkey Theory, it's a must.

It Will get the gears turning.

Happy Scrying Everyone!!! Smile
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
If anyone with a copy doesn't like it I'm looking for one

Lol

Dr Rob
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of dennper
I'm more than a third of the way through this book and have already dog-eared so many pages that are just little golden nuggets. Props to all of the contributors and thank you Richard for putting this one together. If you are a professional reader don't pass this one up.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

At page 270, those of you who have the book, there is an article by "The monk". He talks about a technique which is said to be very valuable. However, no reason for doing what is described in the article is given, so the article is in that sense incomplete.

Does anyone know the reason WHY to do what is described?

PM me if it's inappropriate to write here.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 05:38, Mikael Eriksson wrote:
At page 270, those of you who have the book, there is an article by "The monk". He talks about a technique which is said to be very valuable. However, no reason for doing what is described in the article is given, so the article is in that sense incomplete.

Does anyone know the reason WHY to do what is described?

PM me if it's inappropriate to write here.

Did you try it in a real reading Mikael ?

I think that this technique is a very nice way to keep the reading flowing and maybe in the future will be expanded. But as it is, I found value and I already used it, proving his value.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
(A puff of smoke appears & I step in) hello there friends.

Mikael, I've been a little busy with work to get back to that PM you sent earlier..so no hard feelings.

The Point that the Monk is trying to teach IS that we need to be Adaptable. Like Mr. Amira said it needs to flow.

I have spent some time with the Monk and he is always saying to Flow like water or in the case of the book swing from Branch to Branch. There is a feeling that this will be discussed in greater detail later.

If the branch is strong or (a hit) then move to another strong branch, this keeps the session lively and you will have a possitive call back when needed.

Please let's not go into to much of the secrets openly here as to the teachings of the Monk is very Sacred. You may find more info in another Forum where the "Mystery" Resides.

(Smiles Warmly) Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe.

(Simmers back into the Ether whispering) Blessed Be...
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 12:55, Darrell Mac wrote:
(A puff of smoke appears & I step in) hello there friends.

Mikael, I've been a little busy with work to get back to that PM you sent earlier..so no hard feelings.

The Point that the Monk is trying to teach IS that we need to be Adaptable. Like Mr. Amira said it needs to flow.

I have spent some time with the Monk and he is always saying to Flow like water or in the case of the book swing from Branch to Branch. There is a feeling that this will be discussed in greater detail later.

If the branch is strong or (a hit) then move to another strong branch, this keeps the session lively and you will have a possitive call back when needed.

Please let's not go into to much of the secrets openly here as to the teachings of the Monk is very Sacred. You may find more info in another Forum where the "Mystery" Resides.

(Smiles Warmly) Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe.

(Simmers back into the Ether whispering) Blessed Be...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Kasoom
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Kasoom
Mine arrived on Thursday, I immediately dove in, and just came up for air about five minutes ago. Here are my favorites so far:

Docc Hilford's "Doppelganger Reading" is very intriguing, but not nearly as much as the new type of party he hints at. I know I'm not the only one who's looking forward to this release! "ParaLabs Fairy Tale Readings" are a truly unique way to answer questions, one which I will definitely try. Tony Michael's "Minding Your Reading Business" is an amazing guide to the business aspects of full length readings, which I know will prove to be lucrative to me.

Mota's "You Have A Lucky Face" introduces an uncommon reading method AND a mini business plan for making it pay. His joint venture home party method is a great way to get new affluent clients! Jerome Finley's "Instant Aura Readings" is superb, as is Joe Zabel's "An Approach To Reading The Cards." As always, Neal Scryer's contributions are amazing.

That's all for now, but I may add more after letting this all digest.
Mikael Eriksson
View Profile
Inner circle
None of your business
1064 Posts

[quote]On 2013-02-16 08:30, Amirá wrote:
Quote:
Did you try it in a real reading Mikael ?

I tend to need to understand why before I try.
Otherwise I don't know what I have achieved.

Ok, I understand a little better now.

Thanks!
Sidney
View Profile
New user
85 Zombie Kills and their heads hung on
94 Posts

Profile of Sidney
I've not heard the names of some of the individuals in the dedications.
It seems that there are some pretty heavy hitters out there lurking in the shadows and remaining quite secluded.

Can someone shed some light on who these individuals are, or are they in The Psychic Protection Program ?

Sid
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Dedicate hangout with Scryer on he forum. heavy hitter an be friendly to.
shadow it fade once inside, cause meet for the good talk. all but one dedicate be there, lot of reader an knowledge.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Scryer's Band of Readers (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL