The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Bees for card manipulation?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Hey guys,

Soooooo, I've been reading through the many threads on manip cards that constantly pop up. I was alarmed at the amount of people who scoff/reject the idea of using ordinary Bees. I've gone through many decks of manip cards: Neilsons, Murphy's, SEO, Juliana Chen........ I use Bee's. It took me about a MONTH to break them in. A month of CONSTANT practice. I've been using the same deck for over a year now! Not a bad $3 investment, no? Up close my cards look filthy, worn, smudged, and a little dog-eared. When I pick them off the stage, I wipe each card once on my pants, and that's it. From stage they look great! They've never been treated with fanning powder or wax. To me my cards feel soft, yet firm enough for cardini singles, I can easily back palm almost half the deck, and they fan like butter even after over a year of constant use. When anyone else but me tries to fan them, they clump up and stick. But they work great. For me. Perhaps its the magician and not the props? But for some people to suggest that Bees are inferior or outdated?! What are you guys talking about????? Here's what my fans look like with my ancient Bees. So to all of the Bee haters out there, how do you like them apples?

-Leo
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Argh!!!!!!!! My pictures won't post!!!!!!!!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I made some from Bees also, so I know what you mean. They are very good, and considering the time it takes to properly make a deck that works well, you treat it like it's made of gold.

These cards are also very good. http://www.kardwell.com/pgc.htm
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Agree, I use Bees all the time. When they finally give up the ghost you've lost only $3.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Everytime I see a deck of bee's I buy them. I probably have a stash of 15-18 un opened decks. Without a doubt some of the best quality cards around. Bee's for President 2012!!!
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
I'm just get more and more amazed as time goes on. They STILL fan beautifully!!!! However at some point they're going to die, so I'd probably better start the LOOONG process of breaking in another deck. That way when my current deck cops it, I won't be left deckless.

-Leo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Bees for card manipulation?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL