The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Alternative To Silk To Egg? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Spinney
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Jacob Spinney
I love the idea behind the silk to egg trick. But for personal reasons I'd rather not use an egg. Any idea of a possible alternative that could give the same effect and not require animal products?

Posted: Oct 6, 2012 03:04AM
My first thought is silk to walnut.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can do silk to Lemon, Abbott's Magic use to make the lemon for the effect, it was used by me and others as a climax to the Famous Repeat Silk to Pocket trick. In this case, it was a gag climax, thus it was not cut open.

As far as being just as effective, you would have to work that out, as stopping to pick up a knife to cut open a fruit would knock the rhythm off.

As in your example, the same thing, picking up a Nut Cracker. With a nut I don't think it would be that effective on the stage or stand-up because, you would possibly have to use a very small silk, or work out a different method. A nut is so small that the audience would possibly believe you just switched it, or "did something" causing you would have to work out an "at the fingertips" handling.

Let us know if it works for you.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have a friend in France who uses my Egg Dropper for lemons!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Higgenbottom
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Higgenbottom
Of course you always change the silk into a billiard ball or golf ball, then go into a multiplying balls effect. Of course, you can't actually crack the ball open. If you're using a golf ball, though, you could bounce it.

For close-up, you might consider Bob Sander's walk around silk to egg. He doesn't crack the egg; he merely has people inspect the whole (hole-less) egg, then finishes by pulling the silk back out of the egg. You could do the same with a walnut (and a really small silk), a lemon or lime, or golf ball.

I suppose the walk around idea could also be used on stage, with an audience member or two up close to verify the genuineness of the nut, fruit or ball.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Alternative To Silk To Egg? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL