The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Resource for making Lovecraft/Cthulhu artifacts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Just found a great page you all should have a look at. Although the intention of this page is the creation of objects for horror role-playing games or just the enjoyment of Lovecraft fans, the obvious application of some of these to bizarre effects can't be missed. Tomes, statues, "bottled deep ones" (I love these) and more are covered here with links to additional resources. Have a look here. Enjoy! MWA-hah-ha...

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Great site, thanks

Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Isn't sculpey the best inventions since Wonder Bread. Great link. Thanks.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2985 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2003-10-29 06:54, lastnitesfun wrote:
Isn't sculpey the best inventions since Wonder Bread.

And they taste about the same.

An alternative to sculpey, brought to my attention through articles by Ed Solomon at bizarremagick.co.uk, is automotive epoxy paste. It works just like modeling clay, sticks to plastic, wood, metal, glass, and cardboard, and best of all, it doesn't require baking to harden.

After kneading it to activate the clay, just model it and let it dry for an hour. After that, you can drill it, machine it, or just paint it. Check out the above site for a gallery of his work in this medium. Amazing stuff.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
A question Neil. Does the automotive epoxy shrink much. I've been trying to make small skulls with a magnet inside but the clay keeps cracking (because the magnet doesn't shrink with the clay)? Could this be my solution?

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Walon
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Walon
Hmmm.... Svengali grimoire.....
"Trauma is the Engine of Initiation"

Walon
Purveyor of Fine Used Souls
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Resource for making Lovecraft/Cthulhu artifacts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL