The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I Don't Do Blue Material by Bob Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Got this from Bob Sanders a couple of months ago and started performing it for lay audiences. The routine is a great combination of sucker silk to egg and 20th century silks. Everytime I did it, I got a great audience response. With the rountine you get a red / blue 20th cenutury silk, Bob's walk around sucker silk to Egg and an egg holder / dropper. Without tipping the whole routine you start with performing the 20th century silks and produce a blue silk and you make a comment "I don't do blue material" then you turn the blue silk into an egg and then crack the egg. Then show the blue silk tied between the two red silks. Bob has taken two very strong classics of magic and turned them into a very strong, original routine.

The package that you get, even if you don't do Bob's rountine is a great bargain. You get a very nice 20th century silk set, Bob's walk around sucker silk to egg and an egg dropper. You get $150.00 worth of magic for $50.00. Contact Bob Sanders on the Magic Café or email him and he will take care of you.

Very good, well thought out and original routine. I highly recommend it.

David Williams
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
David,

Thank you!

"I don't do blue material" is a routine that has really worked well for me.

Plenty are left but when they are gone they are gone. We can't do this again. (The US dollar has lost too much value in foreign markets.)

Thanks again.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yes, both white and brown eggs are available.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Is there any video of this being performed?
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
OK - I have to chime in here:

1 - I bought a white egg gaffed, a white egg not gaffed, two beautiful red silks and a "egg dropper"
2 - I love the eggs and silks - they are great to work with, look great and are a show stopper

OK - those of you who have read my posts know how new I am to this. Dumb question - other than for holding an egg - what's the egg dropper for? (I am serious - I really don't know)

I just put the second Saunders egg or a the real egg in my right coat pocket - what is the advantage of the egg dropper?

If you are all thinking "What a stupid question!" - please someone at least send me a PM answering my "stupid" question.

Thanks

Rik
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Capt. Hook - I believe you have already figured it out. The egg dropper is usually worn under a jacket as a place to retrieve the egg without the need to go to a pocket. The trick is to tension the closure "just right" so that minimal effort and movement is needed to obtain the egg. Some sort of misdirection is required, perhaps including a turn of the body. If you are successful with the way you do it now, there is no need to go to the dropper. Perhaps Mr. Sanders will chime in with some sage advice. I do not normally use this myself. Maybe I should.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Bill - thanks so much. So good to have your guesses confirmed.

I am afraid I'll break the egg using it.

It is indeed very nicely made. I am not looking to sell it or give it away, I am sure I'll figure a use for it.

Best to you all.

Rik
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Many years ago I saw a similar device in a magic catalogue. It was designed to hold rubber golf balls for a multiplying golf ball effect. The one made by Mr. Sanders is very good quality and is useful for holding things other than eggs, even a whole deck of cards. I believe what makes his unique is that it is adjustable to make retrieving the held item easier.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
You know that the dropper under a vest, allows you to slide your thumb down the outside of the vest and deliver a load to your hand below with no reaching under!
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
That is a great idea, Bob. I occasionally wear an 1880's style vest but with my limited imagination I hadn't thought of that method. Thanks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Get the finer points from Bill Palmer. The Cups & Ball expert found it very useful that way. (Perhaps it is one of the reasons Bill blows me away!)

He also gave us great suggestions. Now, everything is black. Before some were gray/silver to go with the linings of my new costumes (tux still).

You would be surprised to learn how many magicians are using more than one in a costume. The vest really helps. Some female magicians wear a vest but no coat and can use this.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Bob , How do we order it ?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Contact me

Bob Sanders
Magic Valley Ranch
395 County Road 478
Clanton, AL 35046-3213 U.S.A.
(205) 755-6882 Ranch
(334) 412-5789 Cell
Bob@MagicBySander.com
http://www.magicbysander.com/

Also check for more information

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=76&0
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I have heard of folks using to hold a loaded cup (salt load for cups and balls perhaps), as well as a whole myriad of other items.

I just ordered this entire package from Bob, and should be getting it this week. I can't wait! I have heard that both his dropper AND his eggs cannot be beat!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Thanks for the info on the dropper. I also had no clue.

This is an excellent product. Would like to have more detailed instructions or video.

Has anyone seen this performed?

It is an excellent deal. Excellent quality!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I wish I could be more compliant for DVDs but it is just not in the plans for anything but perhaps future lectures.

Since this is actually from my act, there are no authorized videos of it. (Can you believe that at the age of 67 and with 54 years as a professional entertainer, I have never had an audition tape? I have even done TV over the years without an authorized video for anyone but the cast.) Of course, when these “I Don't Do Blue Material” sets are gone there is no intent of ever offering it again. Replacement cost now is twice what I have in these. (Besides, I can disassemble the kits now and sell the parts for $70.) The value of the US dollar in foreign markets is continuing to fall like a rock. Internationally, the USA is apparently going out of business. (This week's stock market also shows this.)

The “I Don't Do Blue Material” routine does come with detail instructions. The Walk-around Silk to Egg also has detailed instructions. Since I am the magicians' silk importer and not a retailer, supplying the working pros is my primary function in this area. Sucker Silk to Egg and 20th Century Silks are such classics that pros would not need instructions. They are readily available to all in good magic books. The others are furnished.

I never plan to release this to retail dealers. Had there not been a manufacturing over run, it would be unavailable now.

Once the existing kits are gone, DoveLite can make up a set from parts and parts but we will need the 20th Century Silk to be a custom order made in China. That could add considerable delays and expense.

This is a product for the pros and not intended to be a mass market prop set. If there is ever an authorized DVD with my routine here, it will be for use at my lectures. (These kits should be long gone by then.)

It is a great routine that I plan to do for many years to come.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Two other advantages of these eggs are that they will hold SIX 2" sponge balls or a 24" silk. I use it as a method of producing a 24" card silk from an egg selected by a volunteer from a carton of real eggs.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thank you folks for your orders. In answer to a question, No, it will never be authorized to be in magic shops on the net or real brick and mortar shops. (There aren't enough left.)
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Bob and all:

I just wanted to post what I thought of your product and service (no need to cringe...it'll be good Smile )

I have never seen a better made or more realistic egg in my life. If I stuck it in the fridge, someone would try to eat it! I have the white ones, but I am sure the brown are of equal quality.

The silks are superb. Very well made, very soft and no flaws. The 20th Century Silks cannot be beat! I have had a few different brands of this effect...most of them poorly made. Bob's uses real silks with a quality gimmick construction that I had to SEARCH FOR! It is well-constructed and virtually invisible.

To top it all off, Bob's service and support is incredible. He's just a dang nice guy to do business with!

Buy this before you lose the opportunity!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mike,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

We try hard but it is priceless when someone like you speaks from experience.

This set includes three of the products that are all custom for me.

The Eggs and Egg Dropper have a good reputation worldwide. They get into the literature at all levels of magic.

This 20th Century Silk is essentially only available to and used by the pros. And it is a very well-kept secret. Your recommendation gives one of the reasons why. Of course there are other reasons too. But you opened the door for many magicians who never knew to look before. Thank you!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » I Don't Do Blue Material by Bob Sanders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL