The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manhattan Opener by Michael Feldman and The Blue Crown (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
New download from The Blue Crown on the re-launch of their website:

http://thebluecrown.com/magic-tricks/manhattan-opener.html

Ad;

Red Hot Mama/Chicago Opener is a classic plot that has been performed for decades by some of the world’s top magicians. Most variations on this plot require the magician to be in control of the deck and to perform for the spectators. In Michael Feldman’s Manhattan Opener, you put your spectators in control! The entire process of card selection and revealing the color change is all performed by your audience, allowing them to fool themselves!
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Cool l love this idea great trick
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Michael Feldman is a wonderful creator and performer. And The BLue Crown is a GREAT shop!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Great one, I bought this immediately after watching the video...BC's prices are very reasonable, also
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Looks great!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Aw man! Promised myself I wasn’t buying anything today. Just put this in the shopping cart... Maybe I can forget to check out... (Yeah, sure)

Jim
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Although I like the premise and the presentation, doesn't the method seem really obvious to magicians? I guess what I am saying is that maybe they showed too much on the demo. It seems like there are many out there who will not buy it but just make it up themselves. It is unfortunate because it seems like we are always whining about demos not showing the effect, too many cuts, etc., however, in this particular case I wonder if it was a bad idea to show the full routine.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey Paul,

My argument is as follows (and, like Mike, I too chose to show full performances in my downloads)-

A product in today's market must offer more value then simply the method to a trick. It needs to provide the purchaser with additional ideas, information, and theory that make not just the performance of that one piece of magic better, but all their magic in general. A good product should be of value to someone even if they chose not to use the trick.*

In such a case, sure, someone could rewatch the video until they figured out the trick, but you'd be losing out on all the valuable information that the download contains.

Those who want A trick may be able o figure it out without buying the download, but those who want MAGIC will shell out the few buck.

I haven't seen this video, but I'm sure the Feldmonster (I said I wouldn't use that nickname dammit!) did a great job with the download. I, for one, plan on killing him and stealing his knowledge. Or buying a copy. Whatever's easier.

Ben
*Overly ambitious? Maybe. But they said that about Amelia Erhart and look what she... what? Really? When did that... oh. That sucks.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I am, quite literally, 100 times more likely to buy an effect if I see a full demo and understand all or most of the method than I am if I see a chopped up demo and don't have a clue in regards to how it's done. I don't think I'm alone in this. The people with money to spend on magic understand that there is a lot more than just the basic method to be learned in these DVDS or downloads, and they'll spend the money to learn it. The people who are just going to rewatch a demo to figure a out a trick were never going to buy your trick in the first place. I wish more people putting together magic demos understood this.

That is why I will probably purchase this effect from the Blue Crown, but will NOT be purchasing this one:

http://thebluecrown.com/magic-tricks/rubber-thruhand.html

Which has a demo that has been chopped up so much it's practically puréed.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 23:15, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Although I like the premise and the presentation, doesn't the method seem really obvious to magicians? I guess what I am saying is that maybe they showed too much on the demo. It seems like there are many out there who will not buy it but just make it up themselves. It is unfortunate because it seems like we are always whining about demos not showing the effect, too many cuts, etc., however, in this particular case I wonder if it was a bad idea to show the full routine.

Paul,

Very true, but personally I have never, ever let that stop me from purchasing a product that I felt was deserving. If it was something I had independently discovered, that's a bit different and I might make a different judgment. But if I derive the idea from watching a demo video then if I ever intend to use the effect or routine I make the purchase. And I believe (hopefully!) that I am far from being the only person who operates like that!

Thanks!

Jim
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Blue Crown downloads always give you so much more than just the trick.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Rats! Just downloaded two videos from Blue Crown - MOV's. Bleh! I wish sites would offer videos in a more universal format, like mp4. I've had difficulty playing some MOV vids in the past. And no, I am not installing iTunes on my Windows 7 box just to be able to play MOV files!

Jim
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Jim, Download VLC Media Player it plays ALL file formats without any hassle or intrusion at all.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Before I purchase (I have no idea how this is done BTW) only Michael Ammars version, is there anything extra required, apart from say dupe cards? Thanks in advance.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I am a working mentalist but like to watch magic tricks. I just am not sure about this one. Sure it looks good and video is great but isn't there something missing?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I hope I'm wrong but in the second phase of the specs choice it appears that a cxxxp / brxxxxxr card is used. I hope that's not the case as its never 100 percent, especially when the spec is cutting.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I appreciate the full demo and have purchased from Blue Crown but I am not sure I love this version of the trick in the spectators hand. Not much to download and give it a try
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2012-10-10 23:56, Ben Train wrote:
Hey Paul,

My argument is as follows (and, like Mike, I too chose to show full performances in my downloads)-

A product in today's market must offer more value then simply the method to a trick. It needs to provide the purchaser with additional ideas, information, and theory that make not just the performance of that one piece of magic better, but all their magic in general. A good product should be of value to someone even if they chose not to use the trick.*

In such a case, sure, someone could rewatch the video until they figured out the trick, but you'd be losing out on all the valuable information that the download contains.

Those who want A trick may be able o figure it out without buying the download, but those who want MAGIC will shell out the few buck.

I haven't seen this video, but I'm sure the Feldmonster (I said I wouldn't use that nickname dammit!) did a great job with the download. I, for one, plan on killing him and stealing his knowledge. Or buying a copy. Whatever's easier.

Ben
*Overly ambitious? Maybe. But they said that about Amelia Erhart and look what she... what? Really? When did that... oh. That sucks.

Totally well said, I completely agree. And corny as it sounds, I believe in supporting the seller than trying to make it myself, even if I know the method but like the trick
I also like Feldman's teaching style, and since I don't currently do Red Hot Mama or Manhattan Opener, I'll definitely use this. Also, I'd have to say after this one, my very first Blue Crown purchase, I'm very likely to buy more from Blue Crown.
I am always having to remind myself that just because the method is obvious to us does not mean its obvious to laymen.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 02:06, Chris Piercy wrote:
Jim, Download VLC Media Player it plays ALL file formats without any hassle or intrusion at all.

Thanks Chris. I have been using VLC for quite some time now. Smile And FWIW, I am watching the Manhattan Opener right now as I post this (multitasking!!) and it is playing fine! However I have had some problems with downloaded MOV files relatively recently. In particular those I purchased from Full 52 Productions. They are barely visible in VLC and the audio is garbled badly. I was finally able to watch it with the MPC Home Cinema player - but that was the only player that worked with it and even then it was pretty wonky. I'd guess about 1-2 of 10 MOV files have given me difficulties. Smile

But as I said, Manhattan Opener looks just fine.

Thanks!

Jim
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 06:37, Decomposed wrote:
I am a working mentalist but like to watch magic tricks. I just am not sure about this one. Sure it looks good and video is great but isn't there something missing?

Like what?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Manhattan Opener by Michael Feldman and The Blue Crown (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL