The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Secret Impressions - Reprint (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Dear friends,

when we initiated the Mentalism Charity Project to support children with 'special' mental needs back in 2010, we couldn't expect the great response from the community.
If you don't know what this project was/is all about, you may want to check the corresponding thread for more details.

Even if we didn't intend a reprint back in 2010, there were several actual occurrences that lead us to rethink this. So we contacted all original contributors as well as the friends and colleagues who originally supported the project by making a donation and getting the book. Their statements (in this thread for example) encouraged us to set about a reprint.

So finally - here we go!

If you would like to donate to the project you can do so at the following website:
http://www.paralabs.org/charity

You'll receive as a 'thank you' the book Secret Impressions - 2nd Edition (various authors), Mentalism Charity Project 2012
214 pages, soft cover binding

It of yours for a donation of $ 50.00 (plus shipping).

Now the first edition was printed by our local printing company in sufficient numbers to fulfill the expressions of interest that we received at the time.
In contradistinction to this, we decided to publish the 2nd edition via an online print on demand service. By doing so we cannot guarantee the printing quality 100% as we could for the first edition's local print; and we hand over control about the shipping as well. But the advantages of a print on demand in this particular case are that you don't have to pre-order and we don't limit the donations by a limited number of copies printed.

Our advance copies of the reprint took 13 days from their order until they were delivered. So please expect an actual delivery time of about two weeks. As I said, this (and the actual printing quality) is not in our hands but managed by the print on demand company.

A final word about the actual charity we support:

The proceeds from the sale of this book’s first edition were split between two international charities (BasicNeeds and Terre des Hommes). While we were happy with the charities who received the donations we collected in 2010, we always struggled a little bit with one particular issue: A comparatively big organization to be supported (like UNICEF or Terre des Hommes) stands for a trustworthy beneficiary of our donations on one hand.

But on the other hand a donation to any major organization doesn’t support the intended recipients 100% – because the supported organization in question itself needs to pay their own costs and expenses as well ... from our donation!

It took us quite a while to solve this issue. But a random incident offered us a way out. In 2011 a friend of ours and his wife (Thomas Lehn and Constanze Kühnel) changed their lives completely. They sold their house and packed their bags and planned to spend the rest of their lives travelling the world in an expedition chassis truck that they had prepared for their adventure.

They live on what they have saved, from picture books that they produce chronicling their travels around the world and from popular lectures about their travels and experiences. (You can get an impression from their world travel and charity project here if you want to know more.)

Why are we telling you about this? Here’s how it all relates to our charity project. On their life long tour around the world they work to make the lives of children in need a little brighter: We raise money for clothing, shoes, toys, school supplies – or maybe a well water pump if needed – and they purchase those things locally if possible and distribute them in person so that nobody can get rich on your donation.

So while our friends from Mantoco will be travelling and visiting the children around the world, we will coordinate the fund raising. The beauty of this cooperation is that 100% of the donations go directly to highly effective projects for children. Each activity is accompanied and documented in person, so that any donor will always be fully informed about what his donation is being used for. Neither our Mantoco friends nor we charge any administration fees nor do we need to pay freight and most of all we never bribe anyone. Thus we guarantee that at the end each cent you give will arrive where it is most needed.

We are very happy about this arrangement because we don’t have to finance the administration or organizational overhead costs of major charities any more. Each cent we collect arrives where it is needed and we know exactly where it has been spent.

All the best
Th.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Awesome concept...great charity. I'm in. Good work, guys.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Thank you, Sir! Smile
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
You are doing a good deed .If I can help in any way let me know.Your a good man and your life has many good things to come your way .
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just bought - my 2nd time buying!

Like a dummy I sold the first edition - not going to make that mistake again!

I wasn't ready for all the great routines within - but I am studying and learning, and will keep this in my library always.

Great project - great people - just awesome!

And kudos to David for helping with the traslations on the 2nd edition Smile

Good luck and hope you sell many of these Thomas!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Thank you so much!

Within the latest three days the re-print of the Secret Impressions book on imp devices and the corresponding donations already generated another $ 547 to be donated to the charity - which is great! Smile

Thanks to all those who supported this project; we're pretty sure that you will find many practical gems in the book in addition to the good feeling of having helped those who need it.

Take care
Th.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I remember how long it took me to track a copy of this down when it was entirely sold out. Finally I did, and was it ever worth the effort!

Now you have a chance to get it right away so don't let it get away!

Great cause, great book and great people (the ParaLabs crew)!

As Dr. Johnson once said "None but a fool . . ."

Don't find yourself in that category.

Order now!
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Just came across this, the book is still available to order!

Sounds a great source of information and supporting a worthwhile cause.
Chris
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Some great ideas in this book.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Paul Fitzgerald
View Profile
Regular user
Panama City, Panama
124 Posts

Profile of Paul Fitzgerald
Highly recommend this book, Looch's Morph routine is beautiful and I also know the Paul Stockman routine works very well and with great success Smile
Boo de Hoop
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
101 Posts

Profile of Boo de Hoop
Hi,

will the book be available at Mind Summit?
Sorry for my English! My German is a little bit better ;-)
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Sure mate! Smile

Amongst other interesting things, ... Smile
bofx
View Profile
Special user
France
509 Posts

Profile of bofx
This book contains some very good ideas. Recommended ... plus it's for a great cause!
My mentalism books: Mental Sweets 1 - Mental Sweets 2
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Very cool to have an entire book devoted to i** techniques and routines. A bunch of great routines and a some very innovative applications.
Glad this is still available.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Secret Impressions - Reprint (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL