The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic in Bolivia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Be aware of the general risks of crime for visitors like "express kidnappings".
Although this has nothing to do with "magic" and is completly off-topic on a magic forum please google the term if you did not hear of it before and find out which routes and/or forms of transport are best avoided becuse they are targeted by organised crime. (certainly not to scare anyone off going but better to be aware of certain sometimes easy to avoid risks)
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
That was my question
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
I just saw a documantaire on tv the other day about express-kidnapping of travellers on unlicensed mini van (shared) taxies on the route copacabana-la paz.
Had to think about this Bolivia topic...Kind of had to post it... that's why

By the way I never wrap plastic around my backpack Smile
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Well, here's the thing, quite a few South American countries, have the "go at your own risk', or "don't go period', reputation, but some I feel are being pigeon held from the past. Venezuala, absolutely, don't go no matter what, however I went to Columbia earlier this year, for my friends bachelor's party, and we were fine. My friend, who was getting married goes on business all the time, and has never had any problems.

In the 80's when Pablo Escobar was running wild, not a good idea to go there. It's just like any place, though, don't go exploring late at night on your own, stay with friends, and be aware of what's around you. Lots and lots of people are afraid of Dc as well, I feel very safe here.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I have been to Colombia, Mexico, Bolivia this year and had not had any problems whatsoever. I would not go to certain towns in northern Mexico, and in Colombia, a few areas are still controlled by FARC and Medellin can be a little dicey. I was doing consulting in Colombia and the US govt hired armed guard for our group when we went to Choco region, and this was utterly unwarranted (and a waste of taxpayer money, I am sorry to say). Bogota (a really beautiful city with outstanding restaurants) and most other areas are fine, and in Bolivia, La Paz is fine and I heard that rest of country is also fine (but do not know firsthand). People enmeshed in problems do not want to complicate their lives by bringing third parties in (ie. no collateral damage). If you stay out of their stuff, they'll stay out of yours. I think Jeff and Rachel are going to have a great trip and touch peoples' lives. Power to you . . .
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Thanks, Mumblemore.

We just landed in Costa Rica last night for 7 weeks of language immersion, then we'll be home for 1.5 weeks and then off to Bolivia right before Christmas.
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic in Bolivia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL