The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ken Scott Fantasy Magician routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Hey Friends
Its Oct and the wedding season is over and I got my latest batch of tuxes for my fantasy magician. I get them twice a year from a company in Atlanta and then my mom sews them together. If you are interested in this audience tested routine send me PM. I will have a great Café price.

Tim Sonefelt is selling an item called thought bubbles and they are really cute. I have added them to my fantasy magician routine.

Thanks
Ken
Julie Carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
Watford
139 Posts

Profile of Julie Carpenter
Nice to hear from you Ken.
When are you coming to England?
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
These are really nice, Ken. I bought one almost 4 years ago, and it hung in my closet, unused until this summer. I found the perfect spot for the Fantasy Magician in my library reading show. It's an old idea that brings big laughs with the right volunteer. Now I use this quite regularly in other shows as well.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Anyone wanting to do a Jimmy Saville impression needs one of these...
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.

A parent might not tell you this looks strange or awkward to your face but it is. You have thousands and thousands of options with effects and tricks.

Why risk it for one single effect?!?

If you REALLY feel like your life or show will somehow be incomplete without this one single item and the world might come to end somehow without it. Then give the child a hat and cape but don't climb behind a child like that and do some fantasy thing.

Goggle clowns, magicians and molestation and you will find out that this is a reality!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
People will do anything for money.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 15:17, Kevinr wrote:
In this day and age of kids being molested, abducted and all the other wackos I just don't think someone should be doing "fantasy" magician.

Unfortunately it's this kind of thinking, or rather over thinking, that is just SUCKING the fun out a lot of things in life. Too bad.

John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This solution (enhancement) was created for some:

--> "Instant / Fantasy Magician Stand......in Magic

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I like the way it makes it a bigger effect. I want to find out what hardware they use to make it snap up into place like that.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 21:27, John Martin wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunately it's this kind of thinking, or rather over thinking, that is just SUCKING the fun out a lot of things in life. Too bad.

John

I concur!
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Personally,

I do not perform Ken Scott's Fantasy Magician. However I do know that Ken kills with this effect and I have never hear people laugh as much in a Magic Show when this effect is being performed this is the biggest LAUGH in his shows and others that I have seen perform it. This could be the only effect you perform and it really is all that is needed as it is that good. It is a very GOOD Routine and in the hands of the right person it plays very wel.

As magicians we are runnig scared with all of the hoopla over Child Molestation and that people will perceive you as a pervert. If this is your thinking perhaps you should not perform for children at all as I cannot see how you would have a good time with the kids if you are that scared over being sued or whatever.

If the Fantasy Magician is not for you then your should try out Ken Scott's (Magician Blendo). It is along the same lines as Fantasy Magician and will play well although not as well as the FM but it does play very well. YES, I do own it and get a lot out of it. I just do not perform the FM due to movements of my body and having Rotator Cuff Surgery. It is hard to perform the effect well when you cannot move your arms all around. That is why I choose the BLENDO MAGICIAN.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 21:27, John Martin wrote:
Quote:

John

Ok,

SO WHAT?!?

It's still a fact and is what it is. I disagree but even you see my point.

You have a thousand "fun" magic tricks to work with on kids. One like this is great but not worth the risk. You have thousands of other choices so move on and pick a more appropriate one.
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 22:16, Donald Dunphy wrote:

- Donald

So spend $800 plus 30 minutes to drag in something to solve a risky problem and make it more politically correct?!?!

REALLY??

You have a thousand choices and you still want to force a cirlce in a square hole for a kids birthday magic show?

REALLY?!?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The Little Darlings area (and this thread) isn't just about kids birthday shows.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Don't wanna start a silly debate.

if works for go with it.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
The stand looks fun. Used in a stage show, it makes sense. It really isn't necessary though. People just see this as fun. They laugh. That's the only reaction you'll get if this is done right. However, if you have misgivings about using a particular prop or presentation, by all means steer clear of it. To everyone else, if you've considered trying this, now is the time to get it. Ken has a fresh "shipment" it sound like.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-10-16 22:16, Donald Dunphy wrote:

- Donald

Hey! They stole my idea: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4879168 I should sue them. Smile Just kidding. For those who did not get it, please no flaming. Thanks.

I did buy Ken's prop a few years ago. I felt uncomfortable each of the few times I performed it. So I tried using a mylar curtain to help prevent my regrets.: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4969614 I also added a small step ladder to see if it would help. Everything took a lot of time to set up just for that one effect. One or two shows later I did put myself in the audience shoes to wonder what someone could be thinking. Next, I put myself in the child's shoes to wonder what he could be thinking. Then I told myself "I am about performing with 100% entertainment in everyone's mind ONLY". That is when I stopped using it.

For those who would not use the effect on a girl, why not stop using it for a boy for the same reason?

Okay, okay, before you guys who bought the effect are wanting to start throwing tomatoes at me for thinking I made you picture you wasted your money, I have a few solutions for you:
Solution #1. Just use adults, (not a women if her husband is there).
Solution #2. Use a high stool with a solid back. You stand up in the back while the child sits in the chair.
Solution #3. Give it to a homeless person in the winter time.
Solution #4. Donate it to a charitable organization for tax donations.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On 2012-10-17 03:29, Kevinr wrote:
Don't wanna start a silly debate.

I think you've already started one.

It always amazes me how many people automatically assume their opinion must be right.
jkwebber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jkwebber
I think that I would explain the effect to the parent before the show, and ask if they are ok with the effect. If yes, do the effect, otherwise skip it.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
The obvious answer is to put the jacket on yourself and have the child stood up on a chair behind you with their arms through the sleeves... Tons more scope for laughter.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On 2012-10-17 17:14, ku7uk3 wrote:
The obvious answer is to put the jacket on yourself and have the child stood up on a chair behind you with their arms through the sleeves... Tons more scope for laughter.

That would mean the child would have to put their arms round a big, sweaty magician and literally climb on their back. Assuming you can persuade a child to do that all they're going to do is wave their arms around. Good luck with that one!

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Ken Scott Fantasy Magician routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL