The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
So I was at my local magic shop and he asked me to demonstrate my Cups and Balls on camera for him, this is what I'm doing on the street, except that I left out the bit where the wand goes through the cup and then the cup goes through the cup, not for any particular reason other than it was late and it just slipped my mind, anyway I thought I would post it up here and let you all see what I'm doing, this Should be up on icklepicklemagic.com demonstrating their cups and balls sometime soon but I don't see it up there yet. Anyway the Video starts with DJ showing off all the different sets of cups, my bit doesn't start till arround 3:30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42EqbirAmk&feature=plcp

also, I'm heading out today, got a festival I'm hitting, gonna be there from 9 to 5 trying to fill my hat (or baseball cap, so I can buy a decent hat) wish me luck?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Nice job, good luck!
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Well my time got cut a bit because from 9-10 everybody was just sitting arround waiting on the parade, so after the parade at about 10:30 I think I started, worked till just a little after 4 and then everybody was pretty much gone, so I packed up, in that time I made 57 dollars, I don't know if that's good or bad but I'm happy, I was set up on a sidewalk outside of the normal festival stuff because everybody who had payed had their spots marked out so I wanted to avoid being shunned haha. anyway I learned some stuff and had a lot of fun. it was by no means the easy day of work I was expecting but I was doing something I was enjoying so it was alright. lots of fun.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Very nice Gary T. Thanks for sharing and I also enjoyed the various cup demos. Those little cups looked great.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Slow Down.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Thanks. and as for those little cups, they should be for sale at icklepicklemagic.com sometime in the future if you wanna pick some up
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Thanks for the tip Devious, I was kind of afraid it was too fast, I think I do it a little slower with a full audience but I'm not sure, I'd have to shoot a video to compare them with.
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
The second big load under the center cup was sweet. good job!
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Eye contact. breathe.
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Nice routine.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Nice work, Gary. Thanks for posting the link.

I'm thinking that something more interesting/false explanation could be done with the final loads instead of "You're forgetting about this one...and this one...and this one." Since the final loads are seen to be big balls and different colours to the original ones, how about misleading the spectator as to an "explanation" [if that is to be added to the surprise of the change of the balls size and colours?
Maybe an explanation would detract from the surprise of current change and things should be left as they are?
What's some other folks ideas on the matter of revealing/explaining a final load?
I don't do the Cups and Balls, so I'd like to hear opinions from those who are practiced at it/tnem.
The presentation makes the magic.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
You're all definitely right about one thing and that is that I was going WAY too fast in that... but I don't remember it feeling that fast :S I'm gonna have to definitely make a conscious effort to keep it slow, and I'm gonna have to record a performance for a normal spectator and see what it looks like, DJ was kind enough to fall for my jokes on camera but he's seen those far too many times haha. thanks for the kind words and the constructive criticism.

MagiCof: usually when I'm performing this I've done my sponge ball routine earlier, and I do the bit of putting the wand through the cup and the cup through the cup saying some people think that there's holes in the cup bla bla bla that's not true, then I go through putting the balls away and say "actually the way it works is I use a fourth ball, maybe some of you have seen it, it looks like this" this I look at the person I did sponge balls on and say "but I didn't just have one of these, how many did I have?" to which they reply four and I reveal the other three.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL