The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Which ITR? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
I want to get an ITR but I don’t know enough about them. Of the following, which ITR would you recommend and why? Also, do they all use the same IT? (Is one stronger/weaker?)
  1. Micro ITR
  2. Super Mini ITR
  3. Gator ITR
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
As far as the sizes go the larger ones are used for stage shows were the anchor is placed further away. I have a medium-sized ITR but have only used it once or twice and besides the little information I have given you, I have no real knowledge of these things, sorry.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
The best description I've found on different sizes uses of ITRs is at The Magic Warehouse website (scroll almost to the bottom of the page).

I personally prefer the Micro (4.5"). It's large enough to reel out a nice length of thread but still small enough to be easily concealed. I also prefer the Kevlar thread. It's much stronger.

Bill Beach
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Thanks guys. That is a good description Bill, thanks for the link.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I myself think the medium sized one is best (at least for me.) It is small enough to use it in closer quarters, yet big enough to use it in a parlor situation.

The micro is best if you are going to be right at the table in close quarters as the distance you can go away from it is about 3 ft. With the medium sized ITR You have about 8 ft or so, maybe more.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Which ITR? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL