The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin DVD, (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Iam looking for a Great coin Dvd. something that teaches lots of moves along with good tricks to do.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
There are sooo many coin dvds out there now, each teaching both moves and routines. If you go through the posts, everyone has their favorites. Some because the material is difficult, some because the material is practical, some because new techniques are taught, and so on and so forth. And if you ask 10 different magicinas, they will each give you a different opinion, and give you a reason or reasons to back it up. And they will all be right, because its a very subjective question. So I will give you my own opinion, and my own reasons.
My friends and I (Roth, Gallo, Latta, and a host of contributors), put out the 16 set DVD series, the New York Coin Magic Seminar. All are good DVD's, and I could give you reasons for each volume, but since your question seems to be singular, I would have to say volume one on Coins Across. Its cheating a bit, because its a two volume set, but you get SO MUCH on here. There are 27 routines, easy, difficult, stand up, sit down, gaffs, no gaffs, extra coins, no extra coins, NEW sleights and techniques, 4 ways to get a coin into the spectator's hand, and bonus material including workshop moves, discussions on things like how to improve your classic palm, a pefect coins across that is guaranteed to make you smile, and taught by Roth, myself, Gallo, Latta, and Harbottle. Just under 4 hours of no filler material. So, start with that, and then consider the other 15 volumes in the series.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Doc brings up some good stuff, you can't go wrong with that murderer's row of coin workers. Smile

But as he says, there are other workers out there that have some interesting and good DVDs out there, like Vinny Marini, Dan Watkins and Joe Reindfliesh and many new others like my friends, Giacomo Bertini, Lawrens Godon, Ponta The Smith and Radek Makar and Rubiales is coming out soon with his new DVD. They have all put out good coin DVDs over the years and no they aren't necessarily the big boys but they've had some great ideas and effects to prove it. And I can't say enough about one worker that has just been amazing over the past few years. He is everywhere as innovative as the best out there no matter who they may be.

I've said this from the door about this guy and he has built upon each offering to show himself as the new day in coin magic IMHO. He started from a couple of books and a DVD himself, same one I used early on - Michael Ammar's Introduction to Coin Magic (Now that's an oldie but goodie for sure, still to this day IMHO), and grew into a mighty hurricane in this art. If you haven't guessed by now who I'm speaking about, well I'm speaking about someone I just knew was going to be the force in this game that he has become...I said it early on and often to everyone here, including the big boys until they couldn't help but take better note.

While they waited to see, I asked that his work be showcased by La Famiglia. I remember telling the Godfather, "Aint too many people out there big or small any better than this kid...nobody!" Well, I think that has been proven and then some in his work, the many DVDs he has done to showcase not just his coin work but his also stellar cardmanship, and he's even quite expert at close-up magic as well. He is a consummate pro now, worldly and quite international but he will always be the guy I first met at a little coin magic seminar in North Jersey off Rte 17, the same guy that pointed out Jonathan Townsend and Mickey Silver to me, the guy that first introduced me to Mano Tejeda and dazzled me with his own coin effects. That guy is Eric Jones.

To me, he has the most upbeat, new coin magic out there on DVD, every disk to date different and better than the one before it. Smile And all due respect to all those that produce good coin DVDs out there everywhere, including Vinny who's coming out with a wonderful new one real soon, but if anyone out there is doing this any better, more diplomatically than Eric Jones in bunches and as creatively, then show him to me? I'm just sayin'. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I fully agree mb.his magic effects and routeins are awesome. and a wonderful guy just to talk with.i met him at the winter canaval in pigeon forge tenn.
todd
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
If your just starting out you may want get David Roth's set or the DVD version of Modern Coin Magic.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
More good ones mo, from the great David Roth to the wonderful set put out by my friend Ben Salinas covering JB Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic, it is an exceptional set at a great price and brings great illustration to the famous book. Like I said, good coin DVDs can come from the big, small and all and both these workers have some great sets to offer, I proudly own them both. Smile

And yes todd my friend, Eric is really just different from all the rest truth be told, and that seems to make all the difference in the world of late as to his magic and presentation thereof. Smile

*On another note, Obama had a good night tonight in the debate. I gave the first one to Romney and this 2nd one goes to The President. I give credit where it's due without partisanship, and I'm as sure about Obama winning this one as I was about Romney winning the first one.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Modern coin magic by Magic Makers or easy to master coin magic by David Roth will give you a solid foundation to start
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
I think ill get a david roth dvd to start out with.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Best series on learning coin sleights? Doc Rubinstein's Encyclopedia Of Coin Sleights, 3 Volume DVD set. He is a great teacher with clarity and good pacing.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
That sounds like a good one also. Iam going to check ebay and see what they got.

Posted: Oct 17, 2012 9:25am
I just bought the whole New York Coin Seminar set. It should keep me busy for a while.....Thanks Guys for all the input.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. I hope you didn't get them from an e bay dealer who sells knockoffs, there are a few on there who sell pirated dvds.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Cant wait to see them. Now off to buy some coins.....lol
theamazingsauce
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of theamazingsauce
I love the New York Coin Seminars. Theres so much great material in there. You're definitely going to need some english pennies, half dollars, a c/s coin, and some sh**ls. Get a coin box while you're at it too.
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Sorry whats a c/s coin?
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Also thinking of getting Johnny wongs super triple coin half dollar from a guy here.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Quote:
On 2012-10-17 14:33, magic8161 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hopping-Halves-C......b47904db

something like this work?

that's a good deal.
there's allot of extra ['s and ex['s with that buy.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Hey magic 8161, it sounds like you are a beginner, and the dvd set is going to contain a LOT of material. My advice is to stick with that for now, and before you run out and spend hundreds more on gaffs you may not need, watch the stuff on the dvds first. See what you like, and what you want to work on. And if THEN you want to get a gaff or coin for that routine, you will buy with purpose. don't just get gaffs to have them. Good luck! Also, the dvd set is not really for newbies. So, if you find that the material is too advanced for now, get the Roth or Ammar dvds that are always talked about for beginners. And when you are ready, you can hit the big stuff.
magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of magic8161
Thanks Mike. Been doing magic about 30 years now but got out of it for 10 or 12 years. Getting older and cant remember the coin tricks I had back then. but I do know a few slights. Iam just getting more into coin magic now days. but I will watch the videos before I go out and blow my wifes credit card..............lol
we R magic
View Profile
New user
England
17 Posts

Profile of we R magic
Anybody have any thoughts on the DVD, in the beginning there were coins by Jay Noblezada.
All your magic prop needs are here. htpp://www.wermagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin DVD, (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL