The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Slydini magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Hi all,
Wanted to share this audio clip my father published today on Youtube. Hope you enjoy! - Kevin

Bill Wisch Tony Slydini Lesson Audio Clip- Basic Timing Technique - January 16, 1974

Description from Youtube:
This audio clip was recorded at Tony Slydini's Studio of Magic in NYC on January 16, 1974. Tony is instructing me on the basic "tense" and "relax" positions in his philosophy on timing and misdirection techniques.

The key to Slydini's whole timing techniques is having a slight hesitation after the "tense" (shoot) position. That gives a natural drop of the hands to the table, otherwise the drop of the hands happens too fast. This is why Tony's magic is so deceptive; everything looks natural and as it should look to the spectator. You will hear him discuss how I, at first, bring the hands up too high. At the end, Tony says the following about my learning: “You must have saw already something about my magic. You went the right way some they do, they don't do at all, they try to do but then nothing.” I was so proud to hear him say that when I reviewed the footage.

This clip represents just 1.5minutes of footage of over 38 hours of audio lessons that Slydini allowed me to take during my time spent studying with him. Please "like" and "share" this, and subscribe to my Youtube channel if you want me to share more of these priceless clips publicly on Youtube for all to enjoy.

https://www.billwisch.com

Audio Clip Copyright 2020 Bill Wisch and Wisch-Craft Productions. All Rights Reserved.
scotchrocket
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
120 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Hey Kevin, I'm not big on leaving YouTube comments but I absolutely couldn't pass this thread up without putting in my vote for hearing more of these audio recordings... what a special collection!

I've subscribed, and hope to see more magic from Bill on the channel. Thanks so much for sharing this, Bill and Kevin.
All about borrowed coins.
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2020, scotchrocket wrote:
Hey Kevin, I'm not big on leaving YouTube comments but I absolutely couldn't pass this thread up without putting in my vote for hearing more of these audio recordings... what a special collection!

I've subscribed, and hope to see more magic from Bill on the channel. Thanks so much for sharing this, Bill and Kevin.

Hi scotchrocket,

Thank you so much for the kind words!! Glad you've subscribed and thank you for your support! Much more content to come Smile
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch

Tony Slydini was more than a mentor and teacher to my father; he was also his good friend. Upon learning that Slydini is featured on the cover of the August 2021 issue of Genii, he thought it would be a great time to visit Slydini's final resting place and make a video paying tribute to him. Apparently not many people know where his final resting place is as the burial ceremony was very private and only a few magicians attended, including Artie Miller and Gene Matsuura.

If you would like to pay your respects to Slydini in person, his final resting place is located at:
Hollywood Memorial Park and Cemetery
1500 Stuyvesant Ave. Union, NJ 07083
Mausoleum of the Good Shepherd
D Chapel-Unit B-Row 3
908-688-4300
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
All,
I received an inquiry as to the exact location of Slydini's Final Resting place in the cemetery. See image below for the exact location and Latitude/Longitude Coordinates.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Slydini magic (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL