The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » String of silks from mouth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of asgar
I remember seeing a magician pulling out a string with colorful strings from mouth. Can anyone give me any reference? Thanks.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7404 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I seem to recall that Shimada used to pull a string of small silks from the mouth of his mask, climaxing with a tiny parasol, as a part of his parasol act.

I can't seem to find a clip of it on youtube, but he did his act on several tv shows over the years.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wiz Kid Ee-Gee-Fiki, author of "Tear-Able Magic" designed some pennant banners for producing from his torn and restored hats. They were made from plastic table cloth material from the Dollar Store, usually from colorful birthday party table cloths that had a lot of balloons and things on them. One day I saw him playing around with them and he worked out a way of folding the long (8 foot) banner so it could be loaded in his mouth and it would unravel and pull out as a string of pennants that SORT OF looked like silks as they dropped open. He never did anything with the idea at the time, but I mentally filed the idea away in the "future magic projects" part of my brain.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Al Delage did it also with the Douglas 20th century silk but with just one silk.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
How many and how large?

Do you remember when, where or who?

Were they like clothes on a clothesline or dangling from one corner?

Did they clearly appear to be coming from the mouth?

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » String of silks from mouth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL