The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pack Smart Table - Bill Abbott (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
Pack Smart Table release has been delayed (only slightly). If you're on the list you'll be the first to know. If you're not on the list - you'll never know.

http://www.billabbottmagic.com/online-store/Newsletter.html
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

9:01 am Eastern Standard Time Today. The Pack Smart Table will be unleashed. Get on the list and avoid disappointment.

http://www.billabbottmagic.com/online-store/Newsletter.html
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
So you can't see this on your website? ONLY if you are on your emailing list?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks dandy.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I saw the table up close at Bill's Ottawa lecture a week or so ago. Before he got started, he made a point of passing around the table top so we could get a closer look. Bill made use of that table the whole time he did his lecture (which was a great lecture btw.) I'm tempted... Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I can't see it.

Signed up as a hostage with the email.. then...nothing. I use Firefox.

Hey look, I like Bill's stuff a lot but the whole idea of forcing me to sign up with my amil address is a slight turn off frankly.

Did it... and now I can see nothing.

Some may feel these mandatory email sign ups to get a peek are inocuous, but I personally find it backfires.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Being one cannot uninstall IE, then switch over to view if Foxfire does not cooperate. That is what I do, the price for being held hostage through Microsoft. Of course, if you are a Linux user, then that is the price for being held hostage with Linux.

Bill Abbott has a very good marketing method, buy now or lose out, if you don't agree, then that is your decision. I personally like his policy if you are going to do business with him, it is on his terms.

I wish he had this table with him when he lectured last month on the 20th, I would have pre-ordered it at once. Just what I was looking for a solid, stable, sturdy table to place items on with a briefcase or pilot case act.

$220.00 plus postage is a high price, but it comes autographed Smile , the wing nut plastic compression clamps I have on another table base and they are very secure. The rectangle top is ideal if you want to use a large item like a Disecto Chopper, 14"x9-3/4". The adjustable height is perfect for all, extending from 16" to 48". I know one professional performer, Dick Stoner, who refuses to use anything less them 48" high table. It also goes low if you want to use for sit down magic or to practice on.

It folds completely, the only thing you have to attach is the tabletop, everything else is hinged to fold. Looks like ABS clamps and I would stay the tubing is about 1/2" or 3/4". At only 2.5 pounds is ideal.

Better and with more versatility, in my opinion, then the Collector's Workshop Banjo Table or the CW Classic Table Base and Top that has to be assembled.
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
255 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Just ordered one. My old table is getting very wobbly and the top keeps spinning round when kids play with it.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Paul, it's a pre release for subscribers. It will eventually appear on the site in a short while.

Saysold, no hostage taking intended! There's no manadatory anything. If you're interested in my products - most are for sale on my site. The Pack Smart Table will eventually be open to a wider release. I like to honour those who support me directly and I offer monthly sales, pre release items and occasionally exclusive subscriber only access. I'm not sure what you can't view or why you can't view it? Is it the video, the ad copy, the whole page and did you get a newsletter and is it viewable? Let me know I'd love to help.

The response to the tables has been overwhelming and I'm hoping we can keep then stocked. I'm truly blessed by the support given by the magic community.

Thanks Bill, Martin and Jimeh!
Hope to see you at a lecture again soon.

Bill
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Just ordered mine, looking forward to it. Love the fact that it takes so little space when packed up.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hey Bill,

Any chance that the stand will ever be available in black?

Lou
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
As a working professional, my dominant concern in performance tables is portability. Consequently, I (and a number of my performing friends) have long used the insTand table. This is much lighter than the Pack Smart, considerably less expensive, very stable, and sports a nice non-skid table surface. Further (and this may be of more concern to mentalists, who typically do not wish to draw attention to props), the table base is anodized black.

I highly recommend it.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Excuse the brief digression, but Doug also recommends the Red Oxx Air Boss ( http://www.redoxx.com/Trip-to-China-meri......Product) for a carry on bag. I've had one for a couple of years and use it constantly. Great bag. More capacity than any other carry on I've ever had. Keeps up it looks, too.

Back to table talk.

DD
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Hey guys,

Big fan of you Doug and your travel research and tips!
And Doc your Monkeyshines books are truly working performer's treasures!

Here is my Instand history. I have used instands extensively for the last several years. My travel schedule is pretty hectic and three of the Instand tables I owned the locking mechanisms broke (the small plastic piece that adjusts the tripod) and after the third one - I got frustrated enough to put together my own table - The Pack Smart Table. The table top on the instand was also made of metal and added weight I felt wasn't necessary. With PVC composite top on the Pack Smart table is lighter and incredibly strong. Hence my choices with the manufacturing of the Pack Smart. Less moving parts and the ones that do are more reliable. The instand of the same compacted size only comes to a height if 29". The Pack Smart goes to from a height of 16" to 48". Instands simply don't have that flexibility. Again this is my experience with the Instand and if you have had success with it, than you probably will not have a reason to look any further.

In terms of price, I'm not going to compete with a mass produced product made in Asia. I'm making the Pack Smart Table literally one at a time, employing Canadian and American manufacturers and craftsmen.

Lou, we have been working towards an all-black version of the table and will have more information in the new year.

Again, thanks for your support as always.

Bill
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
How can I see this please? Signed up with the email list etc - but still can't find it?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Just sent you a PM saysold1
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hey Bill,

I have seen Instands on stage that look pretty pitiful. Bill, I'm looking forward to getting a couple of yours when they're availablein black.

By the way, for custom made aircraft aluminum tables, I think that they're a bargain!

Lou
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Doc,

Thanks for the bag input - I bookmarked that page as flying gigs are a pain and I'm always looking for a great carry-on bag.Smile Hope all is well, bud.

- Cris
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Bill -

I clicked the link in the email on the weekend, and read through the product description on the website. I also read through some of the info that you shared on Facebook.

I didn't see anything that talks about what weight it will support. Have you shared that information?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This looks awesome - plan to order one in a week or so. Very nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Pack Smart Table - Bill Abbott (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL