The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tora's automatic dove to rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

j.morl
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Hi All, does anyone own or have used this prop?
It looks fantastic on YouTube but before paying out my hard earned money I would like to know if it is as good and as fast as it looks!
Thanks
James
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I would never buy an Tora product!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There are lot good versions of this out there. As a rule, Tora's stuff does not hold up in the long run. It may have a great price and look good but just not built for a lot of use.
Chalet used to make a good one. Smokey Mt. Magic and Fairchild Magic all make good stuff.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
j.morl
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Thanks for the info Richard, will take a look at those
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Thanx to george kimmrey , he doesn't build them anymore and , ordered smoky mountain to stop making them ... go figuer .
yes I believe that the smoky mountain version is the best out there but .. he cant built them because kimmery claimed the right to them ????
j.morl
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Richard can you pm me details of the chalet magic one you have please.
Thanks
James
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I will dig it out tomorrow and get a few photos and measurements. It was usually used with 2 doves and changed to a rabbit.

I wish Chalet would start making stuff again or release the rights to good builders who would do justice to it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
j.morl
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Thanks Richard, will look forward to the pictures!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You are lucky James, for asking questions first about purchasing Tora's products. I learned the hard way by purchasing the product first. I had no warnings. I will never forgive myself for making the biggest mistakes in my life when purchasing magic items. Everything mentioned above about Tora is true.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
The more amazing I saw was Dan Birch's.
The transformation looks like trick photography!
I don't know wich builder made it for him.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7550 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I got the pictures taken but I have not had a chance to upload them yet. This box is absolutely mint. I bought it and never used it. It was still wrapped in the newspapers from George.

Get this...the paper is dated 1978. They are complaining about gas rising to 94 cents a gallon. My how times have changed. Now we feel lucky if it stays under $4 a gallon.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 20:15, hugmagic wrote:
I got the pictures taken but I have not had a chance to upload them yet. This box is absolutely mint. I bought it and never used it. It was still wrapped in the newspapers from George.

Get this...the paper is dated 1978. They are complaining about gas rising to 94 cents a gallon. My how times have changed. Now we feel lucky if it stays under $4 a gallon.

Richard

Even newspapers is almost a novelty.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
100% true, tora is not the best quality out there his products are made for few uses only,
I did the same mistake when I bought it,and spent 2 weeks repairing it and modifiying to make it more smooth
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Fairchild and Rich Hill both make quality Doves to Rabbits
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Tora's automatic dove to rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL