We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How do I loop up a home made loop ball? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic8161
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of magic8161
I have the ball need to know how to put the loop on it.
padre rich
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Use a needle and thin monofiliment thread.the in hole and the out hole should be about 1 inch apart.run the thread thru the ball.hold 2 ends,put thumb into loop.get ball into position in center of palm.tie the 2 ends in a fisherman's knot at this point.put a tiny dab of duco glue on the knot for keeps.run the loop thru the holes until the knot is near the ball surface,carefully/gently pull on one end of loop until knot goes into ball...this is if the ball is soft.if not,use a tiny drill bit to make holes in the ball.follow prev instructions to thread mono thru ball,glue knot,etc....when hand is relaxed ball should hang in center of palm...such fun...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Alternately, I use an unfolded paperclip with a dab of wax on the end. Work end of thread into wax, insert paperclip through hole, pull it through, remove thread and tie ends.

Easy peasy.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello

What exactly is a loop ball, where can I find books about it .
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3031 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It is mostly used in silk magic, so the Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic is a good place to learn about various loop gimmicks (there's more than just the ball). The Magic Nook has an e-Book in their Dollar Store Magic Book 2 on "Dying Silk Gimmicks" that illustrates both vertical loop and horizontal loop gimmicks if you don't have any other resources available.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-12-19 17:00, magic123 wrote:
Hello

What exactly is a loop ball, where can I find books about it .

There are no books on the Loop Ball, just a Street Magician/Busker Jim Cellini and in Scott Cervine's $75 discription of his act.

Otherwise, check Tarbell course on the use of a Silk Ball.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I just *love* the warm way we welcome newcomers and gently point them in the right direction with no calamy or scorn...
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
I'm with ya Ekuth. Mostly I just pm with my responces to keep the snipers off my 6.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
*tips hat to Peter*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » How do I loop up a home made loop ball? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL