The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Need help identifying a packet trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a packet trick with a dbl face K spades / Q hearts - the second card is blue bicycle back front is K spades missing - just the swords and pips the border is broken like he escaped.. the final card is bike blue back and front is Q hearts pips with the K & Q in a NSFW position... all the cards are laminated... if you have any idea or think you may know - PM me and I can send pix if it will help
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Over 200 views and nothing... this must be a rare one of a kind...

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6005 Posts

Profile of motown
I've not seen that one before, but it's interesting that the cards were laminated.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
http://magicpix.weebly.com/adult-packet-trick.html here is a picture of the cards ***NSFW*** but not really that bad either. please take a peak and let me know if you know anything about it. I remember it playing well in the bar.The KS is dbl back w/QH on other side the other two are bluebacked and they are all laminated, maybe if no one knows the exact effect, someone more talented than I could work out a handling for me? Pretty Please?

Smile Smile
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I am guessing here but this looks like gaff cards that would come with a deck allowing for some color change type effects etc when used with the rest of the deck. Not really a stand alone trick. Like I said though - just a guess.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
It was a stand alone packet trick when I bought it 10+ years ago. I recall the moves were not very difficult and the presentation/patter was very "adult". I found it buried in a box and for the life of me, I forget it all.

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Still would love some help with this. It is crushing my brain ( the little bit I have left ) trying to figure it out

Smile Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6005 Posts

Profile of motown
Try sending the pics to one of the dealers who have been around a while. They could probably help.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Chris Westfall
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
252 Posts

Profile of Chris Westfall
If I were to guess it looks like random kick ass gaff cards and I'm sure you can find many premises and effects to do with them.

As for the actual trick as would have come with the instructions 10+ years ago.... I have no clue!

Have fun with them though
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 02:27, Chris Westfall wrote:
If I were to guess it looks like random kick ass gaff cards and I'm sure you can find many premises and effects to do with them.

As for the actual trick as would have come with the instructions 10+ years ago.... I have no clue!

Have fun with them though

It was kick ass right out of the box when I got it and I'm sure when I quit worrying so much about my decreasing health and get my creative juices flowing I'm sure I will come up with something.

The problem is, it is blowing my mind trying to remember what it was called, where I got it and how it was done. ( just OCD kicking in ) I can't believe nobody else had or remembers it.

Smile Smile
alcar
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of alcar
Paul Hallas might be able to help you Poof Daddy. Paul is the author of Small but Deadly and later Still Small and Still Deadly, therefore knowledgeable on packet tricks. My request is slightly different I’m resurrecting Edward Victor’s EYE, a packet trick I performed to the man himself when I was a teenager but regrettably I can’t recall the complete routine. I have Ken Brooke’s presentation but I just wondered if there is any other source I could research?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Poof Buddy, I'd check with our buddy Aldo (Colombini). He'd probably know! Smile

http://www.WildColombini.com
TH

Occupy Your Dream
James Kellogg III
View Profile
New user
San Diego
94 Posts

Profile of James Kellogg III
Those cards look hilarious wish I knew what it was but I will ask a few people.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 16:49, Atom3339 wrote:
Poof Buddy, I'd check with our buddy Aldo (Colombini). He'd probably know! Smile

http://www.WildColombini.com

Atom, can you send him a link to my pictures and what it's for, I have iPad and can't access his site without flash installed. Thanks

Smile Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Bump to the top and try again. Anyone have any idea what this effect was called. Or can someone with a creative mind for packet tricks come up with something for these cards? It's driving me nuts. I remember the routine was funny as heck ( with the right bar crowd)

Smile Smile
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of seraph127
I've never seen this set before, but after examining the photos, I noted the broken border on one side of the "vanished" king. Perhaps a plot about the king escaping some sort of confinement (actual or metaphorical) to "get together", as it were, with the queen?
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5179 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Seraph, yes that was pretty much the original plot as I remember. This is just one of those things that is going to drive me nuts until the day I die if I don't figure out what it was called, who made it, directions.... Just a personal OCD I guess.

Smile Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
I think it was called The Ribald King. I no longer have instructions either but I'm pretty sure when I got it, the pictures were stickers to place on cards matching the deck you used. From there it was pretty much like the classic two card transposition with the cards being shown at the top of the deck before being tabled. You suggest the king and queen will change places but it doesn't work out that way. Perhaps another version came out but that's the way I remember it. I think mine came from Heinz Minten many years ago.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
I don't know the trick, but judging by the cards there's a chance it could be Ton Onosaka's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Need help identifying a packet trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL