The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Liber Mentis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hi Everyone, I receive my contributors copy of Liber Mentis this morning.
It is a thing of beauty. It runs to over 387 pages.
I'm going to have to find some time today to dive into this, there are so many exciting contributions.
Congratulations to everyone involved.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
daleshrimpton
View Profile
Regular user
the u.k
135 Posts

Profile of daleshrimpton
I can only concur with Dereks view on the book. Its chock full of useful information, and top notch routines.And F.Y.I NYnick, , My contribution,"pyromancy" Is something from my working set, that I have been performing regualy for paying audiences for well over 25 years.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2012-11-11 19:36, daleshrimpton wrote:
I can only concur with Dereks view on the book. Its chock full of useful information, and top notch routines.And F.Y.I NYnick, , My contribution,"pyromancy" Is something from my working set, that I have been performing regualy for paying audiences for well over 25 years.

...and a fine piece of work it is too Dale. For the record my contribution is no pipe-dream either. With several hundred performances, it's one of my impromptu 'go to' effects.

I am really enjoying the book, the range of effects, routines and essays is wide and varied.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
YAY - Lulu just sent me an email saying my copy is on the way...

I'm looking forward to reading your work, my fellow colleagues in mental madness!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Mine has arrived but as I ordered two other books at the same time, it may be awhile before I can offer any substantial comments.
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
At last I have it in my (huge) hands.
Not had any time today in the afternoon to read it seriously, of course (academia, preparing to leave for TM, being tired..)

BUT:
three things I did have a look at. And these are gorgeous:
- D. Berglas on a *very* peculiar form of mindreading;
- Enrique's thoughts on the Tarot; and
- Dan Baines about how to 'do certain things' to a deck of cards.

The level is, like, -*outstanding*?
Yep - If you like understatement...
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
This will be on display tomorrow at Tabula Mentis XII with Freddie Valentine, Dale Shrimpton, Peter Antoniou, Jon Thompson, Alex Marsh, and Christian Chelman...

Many of the contributors will be there and I hear some signing will be taking place as well.

Copies are whisking their way around the world to the United Arab Emirates, Seattle, Santa Barbara, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Scotland, New York City, Miami, Belfast, Germany, among others...

Very pleased with the take up of this and do hope that folks find great value between its pages.

Cheers

Dr Todd
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
And Canada too

Mine arrived and its amazing

Kudos to psycrets!!!!!!

This reminds me of the now over oracle magazine - except on steroids - all the stuff I love - blends of mentalism, bizarre, storytelling, performance art and more.

And although I bought it for Berglas material automatically - the level of other contributions are high caliber - no garbage or pipe dreams seem to have been included.

It's also massive so I can't give it a full review as yet.... But I will say this is more than worth what I paid...

Hype? No - am I known to hype???? I'm just saying I found my holiday reading and practice book!!!

I just wish this would be a limited run so that they would likely become worth $1000 each in a couple o years
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
MIne is arrived too! But I am in the UK now and I need to wait...lol.....
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Quick luca you have to tell us how good it is!!!
~NYN
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I'm surprised that no-one's submitted a full review of this yet. Surely there must be enough copies of it around by now.

Barry
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Its a big book!
I've asked to be banned
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Perhaps only Todd, Steve and I have read the whole thing...

Jheff has just issued a positive review in his newsletter, but it doesn't seem to be on his website yet.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have received lots of feedback Barry and Jheff has sent a review in his newsletter based on having read a third of the book...it is worth reading the whole book, so I for one am happy to wait for the reviews once colleagues have had a chance to read and digest the contents.

Cheers

Todd
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Any update on the reviews? I'm looking forward to purchasing this.
CaMagic51
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CaMagic51
I would very much appreciate a review as well and for the same reason.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Given the amount of material contained in the extra-dimensional space between the covers, you may be waiting a while. Smile

My initial impressions: loads of contributors, lots of usuable stuff, and at the very least, and you also get the Atlas Brookings effect ("Real Thing"). Am I going to use everything in the book? I doubt it. That said, I think it's very inexpensive for what you get, especially if you're a performer.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I'm imagining this is going to be very close to Neal Scryer and Friends, in that it's a combination of multiple performers' material varying over different subjects. Am I correct?

Also, I hear that Carnival of Secrets is along the same lines as well. Could it be correct in saying that all three books are SOMEWHAT of an extension of each other?

Matthew
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
I don't have Carnival yet, so I can't comment. I think the Neal Scryer & Friends comparison is an accurate one.
CaMagic51
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CaMagic51
I have all three and think they are great. Carnival is about half Scryer and half from his friends.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Liber Mentis (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL