The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Can we use a mobile app? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

otherjohn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of otherjohn
Hi Magic Café staff,
I absolutely love the magic Café and have been lurking here for years (occasionaly posting). I run some large forum sites and in the past year we have added tapatalk to our forum for our members. Can we get something like that for magic Café. It doesn't cost the forums anything to run and should be able to install by just uploading a single file. I would love to be able to easily view the forums from my ipad and iphone.

PM me if you have any questions.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3026 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
You can already easily view the Café from iPhones and iPads
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
otherjohn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of otherjohn
Your kiding right? Unless I am missing something, the forum was not coded to play nicely in iPhone at all. You have to zoom into it to see any posts. iPad is ok at best, but you still are having to use your browser.
Apps allow the site to show in a way that is easy to use for that devise, have notifications "pushed" to the user, and run faster than in a mobile browser.
John
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
John, this has been brought up before. You cn search through this forum and the Tech forum - or just use Google and search for "mobile" or "tapatalk".

Ed
otherjohn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of otherjohn
Thanks Ed. Appreciate it.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4985 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
John, you can search as Ed suggested but the bottom line is no. There is no plan to include apps like tapatalk.
Where the magic begins
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
The Café doesn't need an app, however, they are way behind on having a mobile version of their site, like virtually every single other site now a days.

Need to adapt as things move on. Other wise you'll just be left standing still, on your own.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
otherjohn
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of otherjohn
I only brought it up because this is somewhat my specialty. Statistics show that by 2013 (in a few months) more people in the US will be browsing online using mobile devises than by desktop computers. Everyone else in the world already is that way, we are just behind.
-john
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Exactly.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
My observation, from reading this section of the Café, is that bringing the site technically up-to-date is not a priority of the management.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-10-22 22:34, Randwill wrote:
My observation, from reading this section of the Café, is that bringing the site technically up-to-date is not a priority of the management.

The decay of the Café continues.

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Decay?? Post count is growing ... membership is growing ...
Okay, technology is also growing, and the Café can't keep up.
Maybe if someone wanted to donate enough time and money, it could happen.
But for free, it's a pretty nice place!!

Ed
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I was referring to quality, not quantity. 4chan has HUGE membership and post count numbers.

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4813 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Folks, whining and complaining never solved anything.

Despite what a few disgruntled people might think, we are indeed working behind the scenes to make a number of changes to the Café - that's a fact.

Just because we don't notify everyone of what we are doing or what progress we are making does not mean the wheels are not already in motion.

I know this may come as a surprise to a few of you, but I just might know a little about what we are doing here. Smile

Thanks for listening. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Can we use a mobile app? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL