The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 3 Jaw Dropping Geek Effects from Sean Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Graphic Illusion. Shock Magic. Geek Magic. Whatever you call it, nothing gets a stronger reaction. And nobody knows that better than Sean Fields. Just watching the work that went into this demo CLIP is a trip!

Saw - Sean's legendary signature effect as performed by Criss Angel on MINDFREAK. A ring is swallowed. What happens next is unspeakable. The performer slowly saws into his neck with a string! The audience actually sees the string buried deep in the performers’ throat. When the string is then ripped out from the magicians’ neck, the audience can see the flesh tear! When the string emerges, the ring is threaded on yet the performer is unharmed.

Sick - Sean's classic interpretation of one of Criss Angel's signature effects from MINDFREAK. A coin is borrowed and swallowed. The performer begins to force the coin through his body, down his arm. He slices into his wrist with a razor blade, and slowly, the signed coin emerges from the wound!

Excise - The classic needle illusion, as envisioned by Sean. A thread is shown and placed in the performers’ mouth. He begins to swallow the thread slowly until only 1/2 remains hanging out of his mouth. He then introduces a needle and slowly, deliberately, he begins to insert the needle into his throat. Finally, he begins to pull the thread out of his neck! As the thread emerges, the needle is seen also emerging, tied onto the thread!

You now have the Sickness. This is The Trilogy.
Go watch the clip for yourself and see if your jaw doesn't drop at least ONCE.
This isn't your generic low production value dvd. It rocks!

I will post a more comprehensive review of this very soon!
My hats off to Luke Dancy for his excellent video production work on this project
and to Sean Fields for bringing his vision and ideas to the project.

This is worth checking out folks! It gets my nod, ~Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5292 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Magic video gone bad. And I mean that in a good way.
Fine work. A lot of care and time went into this.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,for the link! Smile

Really,like your SteamPunk look,my Friend!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
658 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Cool effects. Can't do them, bad reactions (me, not spectators).
http://www.mediumarts.ca: Psychic Entertainment & Contemporary Art
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
@ Godzilla,
Thanks for the compliment, that really means a lot to me coming from you.
The Steampunk Culture to me is a way of life, not just a theme.

@ Lucien,
You my friend have the coolest avatar on the entire internet as far as I'm concerned.

Folks,
I'm rewatching this dvd again right now. I will be back to post some more of my thoughts.
For now Luke Dancy, thank you so very much and staff at The Magic Place. I had no idea you were
putting this together, whilst we are all yapping here on The Magic Café.

Get Sick! It's a great thing in this case!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
There are three very strong effects in this dvd. In The "Sick" effect you swallow a marked coin,
then slice your wrist, wherein the coin can clearly be seen emanating from the cut is worth
the price of admission folks. The effects are simple to perform and require minimal sleights.

The marvelous thing and certainly the kicker is that you can use an alcohol pad to get clean
right in front of your groups with absolutely no questions. You don't need to get clean, if you
decide to seal your wounds. It actually reinforces the effect because it makes your wrist even
bloodier due to the smearing from the alcohol, but then again it's your choice.

* You can get set up hours ahead in advance with minimal discomfort.

* These effects can be performed with common household items you most certainly have laying around.
The instructions and technique make performing this almost idiot proof. These are not strolling
effects, but you can perform them for special moments as a punctuation mark. Having said that
all three effects allow you to reset almost instantaneously.

I am happy to answer any more questions if you are feeling SICK.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
947 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Thanks for the kind words sir! We worked our collective butts off to put together a demo that truly captures the feel for this project. The end result took a lot of time but I can honestly say that it was worth it Smile

Our team is doing the best we can to put out high-end products that show the effects and have you learning them in the easiest way possible. I can only hope our humble offering is up to the standards of the magic community.

All the best!

luke
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
You are very welcome Luke. I'm looking forward to your future projects!
Please add me to your mailing list sir.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 3 Jaw Dropping Geek Effects from Sean Fields (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL