We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey's "Third Eye Learning System" Pre-Release!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I anxiously await the pre-release of Jay Sankey's "Third Eye Learning System", next Monday, October 29th. This learning system will be the king of all of the other learning systems. Here it is direct from Jay:

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."-Marcel Proust

THE POWER OF AUTHENTIC REACTIONS!
A few months ago on YouTube, I shared a couple of 'hidden camera' clips taped during some of my live performances. I also included some of my thoughts about the enormous value of closely studying people's authentic reactions to your performances. The response was AMAZING! Students and fans all over the world contacted me, raving about how much they had learned from the YouTube videos. Everybody also wanted to know: "What design of camera are you using??"
THE IDEAL SECRET CAMERA FOR MAGICIANS AND MENTALISTS!
Over the past couple of years, I've experimented with almost every micro-camera on the market. Fountain pen cameras, baseball cap cameras, sunglass cameras and many more. But none of them are easy to use or as well-disguised as the wireless 'Third Eye' camera!
WEAR IT WITH ANYTHING!
I've worn the 'Third Eye Camera' with a suit jacket, a sweatshirt, a dress shirt, and -many times- with just a regular t-shirt. You can wear the incredible micro camera with almost ANYTHING and it never gets in the way of your performance or creates any pocket management issues!
60 SECOND SET-UP!
And it takes LESS than 60 seconds to prepare a shirt, jacket, even a pair of pants with the wireless, 'Third Eye Camera!'
SECRETLY TAPE ANYWHERE!
I've also worn the 'Third Eye' micro camera in every performance situation imaginable. Close-up gigs, stand-up corporate shows, hanging out with friends in a bar, even just to videotape a cashier freaking out in a 7-11! And I have never ONCE been caught or 'busted' with the camera. (The brilliant design is just so darn sneaky!)
THE REAL VALUE OF THE SYSTEM!
There's no question the very special 'body worn' camera is extremely cool. It's total 'secret agent gear' and extremely easy to use. But the REAL value of the 'Third Eye' system is what I teach to you DO with the camera including...
*Gaining a deeper understanding your strengths and weaknesses!
*Building confidence!
*Becoming a master of misdirection!
*Studying people's expressions to discover what they REALLY think about your performances (especially when you are not looking at them!)
*Never again forgetting a great line of improvised script!
*Recording your growth as a performer!
*Learning more from your audience than you ever thought possible!
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR PRACTICE + REHEARSAL!
I'm also going to show you how you can use the 'Third Eye System' to squeeze a lot more valuable learning out of your practice and rehearsal sessions.
SHARE YOUR PERFORMANCES!
You are going to love how SIMPLE it is to transfer the secret video clips to your computer and share them with friends and family. And when it comes to MARKETING yourself, you can't beat live clips featuring close-up shots of dramatic, authentic reactions! Another extremely valuable application of the 'Third Eye' system!
SPECIAL BONUS! 'THE POD!'
With the additional 'POD' gimmick I've developed, you will even be able to secretly videotape yourself from the SPECTATOR'S perspective! That's right. You will be able to study your performance from the same perspective your audience has of YOU! 'The Pod' is guerilla-style recording tech at it's very best!
EVERTHING IS INCLUDED!
The 'Third Eye Learning System' includes the very special, wireless micro-camera, a high-quality memory card, and all the exclusive information you need to make the very most of this incredible learning tool. Within 24 hours of the system being delivered to your home, you will be secretly videotaping your performances, and learning more about your work than you ever thought possible. (Warning! Secretly taping your performances can be addictive!)
PRE-ORDER THE 'THIRD EYE LEARNING SYSTEM' STARTING MONDAY OCT 29!

As soon as I saw the moving quote from Marcel Proust, I WAS IN!

"BABOM" knocked me off my feet; "SLYDER" made my jaw drop; and "22 Blows to the Head" made my brain reel from the endless possibilities. I missed out on the "Halloween Extravaganza", but I won't let that happen again, no sir! As if those remarkable works weren't enough, Jay now outdoes himself with the all new "Third Eye System".

The system comes COMPLETE! You would expect a learning curve of weeks; maybe even months, but you will be up and running in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!! You read that right- less than 24 hours!!

And you have just one week to save your money just so you can pre-order on October 29th! Don't miss out- these are sure to go fast. Delivery is expected sometime soon, depending on your definition of soon. Act now and you will receive a special bonus- "The Pod". Just this item alone is worth the cost of the entire system!

I'll post a review as soon as I get it!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5717 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Smile

Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm not going to say anything gang, but oh boy here we go again.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Sankey fan, but I legitimately love this idea. The ability to secretly record POV videos of our performances could prove to be an extremely useful tool.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
A legitimate point, Michaelmystic.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 09:41, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I'm not just saying this because I'm a Sankey fan, but I legitimately love this idea. The ability to secretly record POV videos of our performances could prove to be an extremely useful tool.

Agree. I think it's a fantastic idea. The question is whether or not Sankey will deliver a quality product as most of his recent stuff has been a major let down.

RNK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 09:41, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:

I think you can get an excellent feel for how you are actually doing when performing if you can record your performances. If someone picks this up, would really appreciate a review.
Ruairidh
View Profile
Regular user
London
200 Posts

Profile of Ruairidh
Are there legal issues with this?
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Why have I wasted years learning all this stuff when I could buy this and be up and running in less than 24. Hours??
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I believe it would only be legal if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy in the place where you're performing. A restroom or locker room would be illegal for obvious reasons. (Not that you'd perform there.) A person's house might be illegal as well. However, outside in a park or beach, for example, would be fine since there is no expectation of privacy. That's my understanding at least...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It all boils down to price, since a DealXtreme pen for $12 would presumably do the same...just not as well.

And, even tho the need is being invented/discovered, its a good idea for me...I need to know when the audience's eyes start to wander or glaze over, and exactly when. I'd think it would allow you to tighten up in areas you'd otherwise be ignorant of. I have a C&R rope trick that is wordy, and needs trimming word-wise but still needs to hit certain important points...this device could help alot.

If it's a hundred bucks, I pass. I can set up my digital to do the same. For closeup folks, tho, this might be THE way to improve the quickest.

Since you're recording for your own use, the legality might be moot. Who's to catch you unless you're stupid about it? Like rolling a stop sign, the illegality won't bother most.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I'm not a Sankey basher by any means (in fact I would suggest that 22 Blows to the Head which was mentioned (i'm assuming) dismissively in the first post of this topic, has some incredibly strong effects on it (see Hide Keep Giveaway, Memory Lapse, Laying on of Hands, and more)), but I'm wondering what exactly one is receiving here. I doubt he commissioned the creation of his own Sankey brand of micro-camera. So if it's just a repackaging of an already available item with some notes on how to use it... that kind of sounds like his Boo-yah magic pack. And that went over like a lead balloon.

Ultimately it comes down to what the "pod" gimmick is. Given his recent track record, I think I'll wait for reviews.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
If Jay were to approach anyone in Scotland with his third eye, I'm sure he would end up with a black eye! Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Oh triple yay...I can't wait...this is going to be Sankey's best yet!
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 15:00, Magicsquared wrote:
I'm not a Sankey basher by any means (in fact I would suggest that 22 Blows to the Head which was mentioned (i'm assuming) dismissively in the first post of this topic, has some incredibly strong effects on it (see Hide Keep Giveaway, Memory Lapse, Laying on of Hands, and more)), but I'm wondering what exactly one is receiving here. I doubt he commissioned the creation of his own Sankey brand of micro-camera. So if it's just a repackaging of an already available item with some notes on how to use it... that kind of sounds like his Boo-yah magic pack. And that went over like a lead balloon.

Ultimately it comes down to what the "pod" gimmick is. Given his recent track record, I think I'll wait for reviews.

Maybe I'll have to watch 22 Blows again, just to check out "Hide Keep Giveaway", "Memory Lapse", and "Laying on of Hands" again, Magicsquared, because I do respect your opinion.

But attaching a 6 foot length of thread to a teabag and standing up on a restaurant chair to dunk my teabag in the hot water just doesn't do anything for me!

I do like and use some Sankey stuff. "Omnilope" is very nice. I can't remember the name of it, but the one with the word list and scissors always KILLS for me- I use this one all of the time, and it's a favorite of mine. But it only took me 3 years to print and cut the document good enough to use. I just could NOT get it right for sooooo long. And so I gave up on it. If Sankey would have included a PDF on the disc for us to print out, it would have been a lot better. And the one where an empty envelope suddenly has a card inside it (I forget that name, too) was also a good one. I am sincere about these things- I do love them! And I do use them!

But it does come down to his recent track record, as you say. It's spotty at best!
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
480 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
I agree the idea and concept is certainly sound. We can learn an awful lot by watching our performances with a critical eye.

Regarding hardware, as already mentioned, there is a big range of low to high end options available to us to do that.

I was recently selected to be a "Pivothead Pro" by the Pivothead Recording Eyeware Company. Their product is very high end. It captures video in 1080 HD and the sound quality is excellent. I'll post a link so you can see the video/audio quality of these glasses in action if you're interested.

https://sites.google.com/site/glennmorph......-eyeware

I doubt Jay will be putting together a package that's extremely high end because it's simply cost prohibitive for the masses.

My guess is he'll put together a package that can accomplish the things he considers to be important since you do not need high end equipment to accomplish that goal.

I just wanted to weigh in and agree the idea can certainly be a valuable learning tool and point out the range and quality of products available to assist in the process.

Have a good day gentlemen.

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 15:57, BatsMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-23 15:00, Magicsquared wrote:

Maybe I'll have to watch 22 Blows again, just to check out "Hide Keep Giveaway", "Memory Lapse", and "Laying on of Hands" again, Magicsquared, because I do respect your opinion.

But attaching a 6 foot length of thread to a teabag and standing up on a restaurant chair to dunk my teabag in the hot water just doesn't do anything for me!

Are you thinking of Bending the Real? I don't own that one, but yes, from what I've heard, it's bad.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"Memory Lapse" from 22 Blows is not a 'trick'. You can seriously mess with people using it. I liken the reactions I've gotten to having them think of any card ( wink ) and you place a joker face down in their hand and when they turn it over...it's their thought of card.

On Monday we'll know the price of Third Eye.

Glenn Morphew, thanks for weighing in. I found the info very interesting to read on the Pivothead site. I wasn't aware the high quality of these devices for such a low price ( I'd have guessed more in the $700 area ).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey's "Third Eye Learning System" Pre-Release!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL