The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Daryl's Essentials in Magic Cups and Balls DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This should be an incredible DVD. Daryl is such a great teacher and always his experience to what he presents.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14804

This DVD focuses on Cups and Balls, an amazing magic effect, that is easy to do! In it you will learn...

A Basic Routine
The One Ahead Principle
Ball Variations
The Magic Wand
Wand Variations
Slightly Advanced (Sleights)
The Little Finger Hook
False Transfers
And much, much more!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1fwHBh7sLQ

Demo video. Surprised Penguin didn't have one up!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
His Essentials series is turning out to pretty sweet. Is it just me or his looking better as he ages? Lol even if you do a cups and ball routine you still should gets this.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's also on Daryl's site: http://www.daryl.net

Daryl does look great. A beautiful wife and daughter keeps him young.

You can never go wrong with Daryl. The Essentials series has something for everyone. Daryl does so much research, that beginners and seasoned Magicians can find value in them. They should be priced higher for what you get.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
If I looked like Daryl I think I would be a much better magician. *** those guys with good genes!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Looks like another "encylopedia of magic" in the works. Daryl's EOCS was my first magic DVD set and I still love it till this day. Might pick up all these later.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
I wonder if more are planned. Maybe. Chop cup, coins, rope magic? Anyone know how far this series I'll go?
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
You can not go wrong with Daryl, and the price, holy cow I did a double take...what a great gift and/or addition to your magic collection...i'm starting to teach my daughters magic and build them there own collection and I think they well benifit tremendously from his series...
J Rodriguez
Daryl Easton
View Profile
1955 - 2017
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Thanks guys! I am especially pleased with the way this one came out - our team is working hard to make every one better than the last! @close_up_act - it's wonderful to hear that you are teaching your daughters magic. This is a perfect introduction to so many topics - it gives people an affordable way to see which type of magic inspires them. Talking of inspiration...I think your daughters will enjoy my guest performer on this Cups and Balls DVD Smile I have a variety of cups on my site also, including complete beginners ones suitable for your girls.
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Daryl is the Best teacher you will see.. I have just ordered 2 x dvds on the cups and balls good price http://www.daryl.net

p.s I hope he is booked this year in blackpool

http://www.magiciansinlondon.co.uk
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Anyone pick this up that can review?
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Sorry its not that good just bought it
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Mine is on the way!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2012-11-10 12:49, mike bonfield wrote:
Sorry its not that good just bought it

Care to elaborate?

RevJohn
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I think it's a great resource.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I think it's ok for someone new to cups and balls, which is probably who it's aimed at.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I learned Dai Vernon's routine back in the 60's and I still ordered the DVD. I think you can always learn from or be inspired by Daryl. I'm still a beginner, so I'm looking forward to it.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Besides the 7 discs currently out, I'm curious to know if he has any other "Essentials" coming out ? Chop cup? Coins?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
My great niece ( who I actually got this for ) and I watched the DVD. I learned a move that I was not familiar with that Daryl credits to Mohammed Bey. I'm adding it immediately to my routine. It goes along PERFECTLY with another bit of business most of us do already.

My niece does a basic cups and balls routine, but Daryl had some nice touches that I can't remember having seen anyone do before.

And my nice went crazy over Daryl's guest performer, who performed a routine better than most painful youtube videos I've see. She was so charming and smart and looked a lot like Daryl's beautiful wife Alison.

This would make a great gift for the newish Magician in your life with Christmas, Hanukkah and Festivus coming up.

Daryl mentioned an advanced Cups and Balls DVD in the future.
theamazingsauce
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of theamazingsauce
I was thinking about getting this because I have yet to get into the cup and balls and would like to perform them at my local farmers market someday. And also Daryl is awesome, an exceelent teacher, and every time I watch him it reminds me why I love magic. I was going to buy the set that came with the brass cups. But I was wondering if anyone knew how big they were. Specifically, if they could hold a lemon for a final load.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Daryl's Essentials in Magic Cups and Balls DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL