We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I want to learn the chop cup (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
761 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Ozzy I differ on the issue over Michael Ammar's DVDs, I think there is a ton of great sleights, and misdirection tips here that apply to any small ball and cup routine. The DVD by itself wont teach you the chop cup but is a great foundadtion for small ball magic in general.
One source that has good coverage from very simple routines to more complicated routines is a book Mark Wilson published on the Chop Cup some years ago. Although difficult to find it is worth the effort. The routines very from a basic routine to an interesting routine using a non-chop cup and a sponge ball variation.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Biggest_Oz
View Profile
New user
London
73 Posts

Profile of Biggest_Oz
Cheers guys, I have found a rather cheap chop cup but before I go and buy it I have been practicing with only sleight of hand it is quite a fun routine I like the fact that it brings out the more performance side of magic rather than the actual trick although the trick plays an important role.

-Ozzy
Torque75
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Torque75
As far as chop cups, I'm sure thare are many choices, can you guys recommend a good one?
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Ook on the rings and things website, they have good ones.
Ingo Brehm
View Profile
New user
Germany
61 Posts

Profile of Ingo Brehm
Quote:
On 2013-01-19 11:38, Torque75 wrote:
As far as chop cups, I'm sure thare are many choices, can you guys recommend a good one?

I used the simple aluminium cup and rather cheap one from Morrissey Magic for years and I am absolutely satisfied. If you can test the cup at your local dealer, check if your chosen cup works well together with the chosen ball.
Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Earth
121 Posts

Profile of Illusionist
I like Paul Daniels version. Or it could be the timing of his humor that makes me watch it over and over.
IvanLee
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of IvanLee
WGM- Chop Cup may be the best for you to browse many Chop cup routines. But actually I love Paul Daniel's routine best. It maynot be the most fool(sorry that I don't know which word to describe this kind of things, LOL,sorry),but it must be the most entertaining one~
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Paul Daniels' routine is basically the Ken Brooke routine, but Paul's presentation and his personality make it outstanding.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Thanks Woland for the Don Alan"s link, first time I have seen it and it was great.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I was inspired by this Don Alan YouTube video that I went to RNT-2 and ordered a set of balls. Now all I gotta do is come up with the words for this routine, my biggest challenge.

Already have a number of balls in my collection, but wanted something new that I saw on RNT-2 and ordered it. Right now I am looking at a final load ball on my shelf that I brought from James Tong, a very decorative ball.

Where are you James Tong?
Magician in Black
View Profile
New user
Produced from a top hat
6 Posts

Profile of Magician in Black
Quote:
On 2013-02-03 00:29, Pete Biro wrote:
Paul Daniels' routine is basically the Ken Brooke routine, but Paul's presentation and his personality make it outstanding.

Its those Brits. Their ability at comedy will always trump.
Im not going away so get used to me. I wont Vanish.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
The best and most thorough source which I have come across for learning the chop cup is on one of the Brad Burt DVDs. Here's the link:
http://www.bradburtsmagicshop.com/catalo......-dvd.htm
nautimike
View Profile
New user
South Haven, MI
54 Posts

Profile of nautimike
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 12:16, Bill Palmer wrote:
Adam's answer is the best. Learn Don Alan's routine. Get the DVD with Don actually doing it. Get Ron Bauer's book. After you have learned Don's routine, learn Paul Daniels' routine, if you feel that it is necessary. Don's is much easier to do.

When you have 50 posts, check out the material in the Secret Sessions concerning how to do final loads.

So now I have Don Alan's book, and on my way to 50 posts!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2767 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
The first chop cup I had was a cheap brushed aluminum one from Tannen's. I couldn't use it. It made my fingers cringe trying to hold it. (I also got annoyed that they sold me the regular red balls, but wanted to sell me an extra large yellow ball for the climax. I'm sorry, the ball can expand, or change color but in my opinion, it shouldn't do both at once.)

I used to have a mini-chop goblet that I got from The Trickery. I loved and used it a lot. It was in my backpack when I accidently left it behind and it got stolen. The Trickery doesn't seem to exist anymore and no one else is selling that particular model.

I'm planning on getting a new one soon.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I really like this chop cup routine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwghf0qnOwo

it's on his supercharged classics dvd which is excellent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I want to learn the chop cup (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.36 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL