The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pro Glass Breaking Tray ~REMOTE CONTROL (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Does anyone here have one of these they would be interested in selling or renting?

I have heard that there is a version that goes into a book! That would be ideal!

If you have any thing and can help please PM me.

This is for sale on Ebay for $200 but with customs and shipping it wouldn't make it here in time.

Can any one help?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
The book version is the best because you can use it as a book test first then bring out or borrow a glass and look for a somewhere to place this, it makes perfect sense to put the glass on the book you just used. Within fifteen seconds or so 'SMACK' the glass shatters.

This is called Boulevard 54.

I believe these sell for around $350.00, you may find a used one sometimes on a used list. Be certain with any glass breaking effect you cover with a clear plexiglass box to prevent shards of glass from injuring audiences.

Chuck Caputo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9A4zx4rIYc&feature=plcp
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Chuck -

Thanks for your help I just ordered on off of Mad Hatter magic for $140~

Awesome - gotta love this Café!~
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

No problem, I am glad you got one - it is excellent. A quick note: you can skip the glass break if you wish and substitute small Dixie cups instead.
Sounds weird but during the part of the routine where you talk about mind control you state instead of using an actual glass which can be dangerous you brought small bathroom glasses with you..

Stack these up on the closed book in a pyramid style - after the switch is thrown you can really concentrate on presentation. Finally the small cups go flying everywhere! The best part, no mess and no one gets hurt!

Chuck
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Good tip chuck and a steal Sean-Paul
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I use one to sling a coin across the room during a seance. Same idea, no mess and chance of hitting a spec with glass.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Actually, I use the one hidden in a card case - its even more transportable than the book - plus its easy to take out and gimmick up other objects to allow it to ZZZINNNG things. Your basic Electronic Crasher.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
If you are worried about injuries from flying glass, you might also consider using performance-safe breakaways.

http://www.alfonsosbreakawayglass.com/shop.php?main=Glass

. . . of course, any time pieces go flying (except Dixie cups!) there is a chance of someone being hit in the eye, but breakaway glasses will greatly reduce the danger on injury during performance.

Just another thought.

BC
Phasmologist
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2012, Anverdi-museum wrote:
The book version is the best because you can use it as a book test first then bring out or borrow a glass and look for a somewhere to place this, it makes perfect sense to put the glass on the book you just used. Within fifteen seconds or so 'SMACK' the glass shatters.

This is called Boulevard 54.

I believe these sell for around $350.00, you may find a used one sometimes on a used list. Be certain with any glass breaking effect you cover with a clear plexiglass box to prevent shards of glass from injuring audiences.

Chuck Caputo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9A4zx4rIYc&feature=plcp

Why does it make sense to place it on the book?

What did you intend to do with the glass to start with?

I'm not sure I understand your logic?
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

The original routine is to use the book in a mentalism effect first, this makes perfect sense as a lead into placing an item on this object after using it....I have also used the card box crasher many times in certain instances. The Devil bottle is also a great effect of shattering a bottle in the spectators hand...be sure to use a clear plexiglass enclosure for this to keep any flying shards contained.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pro Glass Breaking Tray ~REMOTE CONTROL (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL