The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dan Harlan – Does it again “Ritual” (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just clicked it and watched it. Worked fine.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3090 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Working for me now too. I d like this second trailer better. (But not the gals offensive shirt).
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5196 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Dan walks the line, and I love that.
This really has me intrigued. I'm a designer, so I dress fairly trendy, but I keep my jewelry limited to rings and bracelets. Still, I can find a place for this. It looks weird enough to weave a story around. Definitely on my radar.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I understand what MagicMike is saying about the shirt, but lets not forget, this was a random person on the streets, in a college town no less!!
Never know what your going to get in these parts! Smile I love the fact that Dan just walks up to people and says, hey let me show you something and they say ok cool show me. Not many of the videos you see these days are shot this way.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Very nice! Shows the effect clearly. Smile

Thanks Dan!

Jim
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3621 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Another great release by Dan. Watching the instructional video, it amazes me how his mind can even think these things up. Doesn't reset quick enough for walk around, but definitely something you can wear all day and have ready to go when needed.
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Looks awesome Dan, another great release. Congrats!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got my props in the mail 2 days later!! Great customer service - Thanks Dan!! I knew what I was getting with the props but was I anxiously awaiting for them to come so I could play around with this. Conclusion- I just love it! This is super smooth and I think a GREAT buy!

RNK
afuoco
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
195 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Does anyone know if this is the same "Ritual" that Dan was selling at his lectures two years ago when I bought it. Or has it been updated since I bought it?
Arnie
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16968 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'm having trouble getting past Devious' "sleeve" above .. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10630 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Devious you're the best .......Joe I'm with you
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I just got back from the bank and while I was there someone asked about my necklace...... Well, needless to say there was my in. This went over fabulous! Better reactions than what I thought I was going to get. After dropping a few jaws I went back to my car and reset the necklace in probably 10 to 15 seconds with the included tool. Some may not like the looks or styles of the necklaces but I feel they are uniques enough to get inquires about them without having to say, "Hey- check out my necklace". That to me is a super point. The specs come to you and open the doors! Loving this Dan!!

RNK
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
945 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
On 2012-10-29 21:14, afuoco wrote:
Does anyone know if this is the same "Ritual" that Dan was selling at his lectures two years ago when I bought it. Or has it been updated since I bought it?

This is completely Revised, Updated and Modernized. As you may know, I love this principle and have been tinkering with it my entire career. Although the version you have is a fine piece of magic, I believe I've gone WAY past what anyone thought possible in this new version. I've kept the name (shortened to simply "Ritual") since the effect/script are essentially the same, but I've improved everything else. With the version you have, I fixed all the suspicious actions with a very simple "better knot," but in this new version I've eliminated that and anything suspicious at all! There seems to be no handling! There is NO KNOT TYING at all! There is NO END SWITCHING! There is NO COVERING! ALL the beads MOVE and the MIDDLES of the CORDS are shown and inspected by the spectator! Sorry to yell, but it is pretty dang neat. If you haven't seen the vid, scroll back a few posts and check it out. Also, I've made these necklaces into stylish wearable magic. If you like all of the knot-tying, you can still do that with these, but (to me) I think this new handling is a major advance.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
O.M.G. Just watched the video download and this is just awesome!"!
We have all been intrigued , amazed or whatever by a demo we have watched and because we love this stuff we hit the buy button,receive the item and many times its that oh is that it moment when the method is revealed.
This is one of those rare moments that as I watched the explanation and watched it happen, I was still finding it hard to get my head around,it was a a pure W.T.F. how did that happen moment.
This is so clever, so easy to do, so impromptu,so value for money, so,so *** good..........so if your not sure just get it.
Also if your of an age, like me who feels that the necklace is to trendy/young looking, I feel the way round this is to wear it under your t-shirt/jumper or whatever. You do not have to wear this as a fashion item, its hidden away, just produce it from under your shirt whenever, perfect for that show me a trick impromptu moment.
Fantastic Dan..........and I have not even received the necklace yet!!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Looks great. I like that it is impromtu. Is the "tool" for the reset something that can be easily inserted into your wallet to be carried with you at all times? If so- wow!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-11-05 00:27, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Looks great. I like that it is impromtu. Is the "tool" for the reset something that can be easily inserted into your wallet to be carried with you at all times? If so- wow!

Yes. Very much so. A relatively common item, though even if you forget or lose it, Dan shows how to make it work without it. Much easier with it of course.

Jim
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
I ordered Ritual from Dan, and very quickly he sent me the video instructions, these run for 22 minutes have some performances, a full explanation and alternative handlings. All in all I was very happy with the instructions, the effect is clear, and the handling a breeze. Reset takes a little while and not something easily done on the hop, but not totally impossible, although you couldn’t do this in front of spectators. Once you have the necklace on you are ready to go and can perform anytime you like.
When the necklace arrived my heart did sink, there is no-one to blame for this other than me. I ordered the brass necklace, and as soon as the packet arrived I had a pretty good idea where the 'beads' had come from. If you look on the site there is a picture of all three versions and Dan has hidden nothing, if I looked properly I would have seen where the brass necklace comes from. The steel necklace does betray its origins a little, but does appear to look like a necklace, whereas the brass set looks (to my eye) like another thing pretending to be a necklace.
So before I perform this for anyone I will need to source my own beads, the beads (and string) are not gimmicked in any way so as long as they have the right size hole most beads will do.
This is a great effect, I look forward to using it, I would advise anyone thinking of making a purchase to go ahead, but have a good look at the beads, the steel and wooded sets would probably be the best sets to go for.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I immediately recognized the brass and steel "beads" as a standard hardware store item, but that doesn't diminish the power of the effect. Kind of cheeky to use those, but they can esily be substituted.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4669 Posts

Profile of RNK
I've performed this a bunch of times and no one has said anything about the beads. I have the steel bead. This has gone over beautifully 100% of the time. So I definately feel the beads take away nothing from the routine or the magic that happens. Can't speak for the brass or wood beads.

RNK
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
945 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Hey everybody--
The 3 styles of beads were chosen because of their appearance... we looked at a lot of beads (dare I say, "EVERY bead.") before deciding on those 3 styles. Yes, the Brass and Steel beads come from Lowe's. As an artist I have re-purposed them because they are beautiful. BTW, the Wood ones come from Michael's. The cords, cord crimps and lobster clasps are from Hobby Lobby. Everything comes from somewhere.

If you want to make your own necklace, it will cost you approximately $15-17 to gather the proper supplies... assuming you already own tools. In my entire career I have always provided great magic at a reasonable price and "Ritual" is no exception. I'll make you a very nice necklace and show you how to amaze people with it. What more could you want?
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dan Harlan – Does it again “Ritual” (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL