The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Weird illusion variation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
So this magician left his knock-off origami and knock-off slicer illusion in the same storage area, not realizing that one was male and one was female. One of the knock-offs got knocked-up and the resulting progeny can be seen about 15 minutes into this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N-g3r3YuKY
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Thank you for the time mark. There isn't a chance on this planet that I could sit through that whole video. I couldn't even make it a minute.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMFG!!!!

At about 1:30.00 into this abortion of a performance the illdouchionist places the form for the asrah backwards. She is lying head left and feet right.....but after she is covered she is feet left and head right!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How did he get her to switch places so fast??? That was amazing!!!

I think the illusion you were talking about in the original post occurs at the 5 minute mark and not the 15 minute mark. I would hate for someone to have to sit through an additional 10 minutes if they don't have to.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Careful Anderson, you are going to get accused of ripping off my style of language.....LOL Though I must say......that was well played Smile
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Yes its a horrible knock off but I think he was trying to build Rand Woodbury's Pandora's Box.

Will Baffle
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Wait, so this ENTIRE performance was bad music and bad dancing, with NO talking whatsoever, along with presumptuous grotesque posturing, and it was not a good performance all around.

And.... Someone tell me that I'm wrong when I say that illusions have far too many people doing this bad music and bad dancing thing?

Perhaps they should have put more effort into the illusions and less into the singing and dancing?

Someone tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
SheldonR
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of SheldonR
You're wrong.

Just kidding! That music and dancing was hideous, as was the lack of patter. Between that and the mistakes mentioned (I didn't bother watching much more than what was pointed out here) the performance was a travesty.
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Is it just me or is he trying to look like Dave Womach aka David Davinci from when he was in Ringlings production of Illucination???
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
The real trick is how he squeezed into those pants.
Mike
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
It's real easy if your made like a Ken doll. No issues if you don't have the cups and balls to get in the way.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
Someone tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

I've told you much worse before.....lol Smile
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I liked the music
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
This guy is dressed like he is going to a Lazer Tag tournament?
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
I liked the music at 1:36:02, but methinks it was pirated... Smile
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 20:20, w_s_anderson wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMFG!!!!

At about 1:30.00 into this abortion of a performance the illdouchionist places the form for the asrah backwards. She is lying head left and feet right.....but after she is covered she is feet left and head right!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How did he get her to switch places so fast??? That was amazing!!!

I think the illusion you were talking about in the original post occurs at the 5 minute mark and not the 15 minute mark. I would hate for someone to have to sit through an additional 10 minutes if they don't have to.

"ILLDHOUCHIONIST" just made my freakin' day. I haven't even watched the video. I'm just loving that I now have a new word!
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I invented a nested stacking box type effect back in the 90's. I built a proto type and then lost and forgot all about it. It was a verticle illusion.

I'm glad I watched this, because now it brought back my thoughts on that illusion that I had forgotten about.

I think that the illusion would have been pretty good if it would have been built by a top builder.
Although it is a spin off of two other illusions...

I would still stay it is Original. There are other illusion that have that load.
Topsy Turvy Illusion (I just think that he crossed the line by putting the swords thru.)

other than that.. I think it was fast and to the point.

I know that everyone is down on the magician... I'm just talking about that illusion.

Thanks for sharing the video.
I'm just glad that it reminded me of an old effect that I invented and forgot about.
Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
372 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I've slaughtered some tricks in my time......Heaven knows I have!! Man......some of that was painful, though. I did like some of the music, though.....and I liked the doves to dog......that was good.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
New user
Toronto Canada
41 Posts

Profile of RayAnderson
I have to say I enjoyed this...at 35 minutes in one of the magicians falls up the stairs. About ten minutes after that he is doing his Meta box...throws a sword up in the air (Jonathan Pendragon style) and forgot to read the swords are dangerous and catches the blade in his hand instead of the handle. The last magician does a wonderful (his take) on what I think is his version of Cubezag, but his assistant goes in pregnant and comes out with a baby...wow this video has so many wonderful moments. This is coming from someone that put a knife through his hand performing live. Well at least their show didn't end with an ambulance ride.
Ray Anderson
www.coolmagician.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I just want to get a suit like he had on in the beginning. The baby thing was...WHAT??? Where did that fit in. I thought she was going to take off the coat just before she got in and...well I don't really know what I thought. I don't dance at all but I think maybe even I could do a little better. The music was ok in some areas. This was a hour and a half of pantomime. It made it just drag on and on and on and on, well you get the idea. Just my two cents.

Steven
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I think I need some Bourbon. Or cheap hooch...anything.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Weird illusion variation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL