The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause: LIVE Sunday Oct 28th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 12:11, Woodfield wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 10:02, Xcath1 wrote:
Was the lecture mostly a demonstration of commerical effects that have to be purchased seperately?

Yes

That's what product demos are for, not lectures IMO. Nyaah, I think I'll pass this one.
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
Quote:
Quote:
Was the lecture mostly a demonstration of commerical effects that have to be purchased seperately?

Yes

Actually the answer the Xcath1's question is "no". While the effects Max taught were mostly published/marketed effects, I learned at least 8 effects that don't require me to purchase anything separately. That's above and beyond all of the performance nuances, tips, and ideas I learned during the 3 1/2 hour lecture. Some of the effects he performed and explained would require me to purchase the effect or app, but the majority did not.

~ Nathan
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2355 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks for the replies.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1789 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Didn't care for this one at all... Worst of the penguin lectures for me. It can be all summed up by Krauses attitude to magic that is totally against mine. He doesn't believe in simple effects that can be described with one sentence but he prefers multiphase routines that are hard to think back and reconstruct. Actually I have hard time remember any effects he did... I remember part here and there and watched the thing less than 12 hours ago!

Also stuff like MACAAN don't work for at least finnish people! I showed the performance part to 2 laymen, one at the time, just to proove my point. BOTH immediately noticed something about the method (At least in finland people can count easy odd calculations!). Also using software to get card named and number... Oh... What an overkill and could it be any more suspicious...

Therefore it was interesting in the end interview hear Krause describe really commercial and easy to follow effect (rubics cube for example). Stuff like that would have been killer and would work in real world.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1234 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
"MACAAN don't work for at least finnish people!"

Huh?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The "finish" of the cards doesn't matter. Air-Cushion, Cambric, Linoid, etc. It's a non issue.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1234 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
He meant people in Finland... Context clues guys... Context clues.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Nothing gets past you, Maddy.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2101 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 14:28, ted french wrote:
Xcath1
A few things really stood out for me at this lecture and they were things that didn't require you to buy anything. First was Max's offer to give away his MACAAN effect for free. Yes it is only for a limited time but you get free access to some really innovative methods for card magics Holy Grail, the Any Card At Any Number. I really thought the 9 card solution was a lot of fun if you like hands off mental magic card effects that are self working. The ace cutting thing was cool. The lie detector routine with bills doesn't require you to buy anything and the marketed effects he did perform were explained in a way that you did not have to buy anything. BUT the item that I felt was a real treat was the last effect which was taught during the Q&A. For anyone not familiar with the principle behind this effect you will learn one of the best impromptu SUPER direct clean mind reading principles in all of card magic. This principle is a secret that many magicians have worked on tho perfect and the version Max presented was a version I had not ever seen before.

Ok, I've purchased it two nights ago but I haven't been able to watch it due to the limited internet access for such a big file.

Now, is there any expiry date on that free access for those who purchased the lecture?

Thanks!
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 22:22, Magicsquared wrote:

If it wasn't for you and Dan McLean, Maddy may have caused me to cut my throat tonight.
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 22:22, Magicsquared wrote:

I try. My education from elementary school really helps now days.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On 2012-10-30 20:21, BlueOwl wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes

Actually the answer the Xcath1's question is "no". While the effects Max taught were mostly published/marketed effects, I learned at least 8 effects that don't require me to purchase anything separately. That's above and beyond all of the performance nuances, tips, and ideas I learned during the 3 1/2 hour lecture. Some of the effects he performed and explained would require me to purchase the effect or app, but the majority did not.

~ Nathan

Please name the 8 effects

BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
Hi Woodfield,

I would be happy to. During the lecture I learned the 9 Card Solution, Bill Lie Detector, Unholey, Enveloped, a bill to impossible location effect, a perception/drawing effect, a spectator cuts to ... effect, and the Ray Grismer effect.

Max also performed and explained a lot more, but these 8 are ones that with practice (and for some a little craft work) I could perform without further purchase.

~ Nathan
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
What a great lecture! Highly recommended!!!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1855 Posts

Profile of Platt
Another great lecture from Penguin. Lots of breakthrough thinking on display, lots of great effects, lots of generosity by Max, and a really fun interview to cap things off. I'm trying to avoid the all too frequent "greatest thing ever" hyperbolic reviews. So in fairness, and as I told Max, I didn't care one bit for his bill routine. I don't personally get it. Fortunately that was just one effect in a stellar lecture that I believe hit the 3.5 hour mark. Wow. Congratulations Max!
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Krause: LIVE Sunday Oct 28th @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL