The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wraith by Christopher Taylor (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
This looks very promising!

http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/wraith.php

Wraith

Available November 15th. Pre-Order Special On Now

Some Features:
• Adjustable power
• Comes with two types of thread:
- Fine and strong monofilament for PK-Touch effects on seated participants
- Easy to handle invisible thread for new startling close-up applications
• Carry in your pocket for close-up or walk-around
• Mounts almost instantly under chairs
• No jacket required on chair
• Trigger up to four units with one transmitter in succession or,
• Trigger an unlimited number of units simultaneously
• Uses 9 volt battery. Stand-by time of over 12 hours
• Dimensions: 3 1/4" x 2" x 3/4"

Highlights of Some of Wraith’s abilities.

Applications:
• Real Time PK-Touch Routines:
- Openly touch one participant and another stands up (up to 80 meters away)
- Touch your own shoulder and both participants stand up
- Touch one participant and have up to 4 other participants feel it.
• Remotely ring a hotel bell that can be immediately examined
• Remotely snuff out a candle

In addition, Christopher has decided to include two very special routines that he has kept to himself for quite some time:
1) "Psychic Hide and Seek"
Suitable for stage, parlour or close-up (even walk-around) and uses no chairs: Two standing participants agree to play a game of Hide and Seek in which one hides in an imaginary hotel room with a number on the door known only to him or her. The performer guides the other participant (the “Seeker”) into the mind of the “Hider” counting off the room numbers. At the very moment the secret room the performer names the secret number, the “Seeker” calls out "Found You!"

2) "Qi Touch". As shown on the above video clip, Qi Touch is an application of Wraith that can vastly increase the impact of your favorite metal bending techniques. Two versions are taught: with, and without, pre-performance set up.

(Pre-Order Prices in effect until November 15/12)
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
Before you disappear I surround you with
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Was this ever reviewed?

Can someone perhaps elaborate how Wraith compares to Loughrans Phantom Slave.

Thanks.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
<BR>-Be glad that I am not a Sorcerer... Smile
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Ok, let's try this again.

Can somebody please shed some light on those effects and how different they are?

Any PM's are welcome.

Thanks.
Magic, in essence, is the ability of conjuring spirits who help the magician accomplish astonishing feats.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm a little in the dark as to what we are getting with this unit. I guess those in the know are familiar with the technology, but I'm don't know how a single unit can accomplish such a wide span of effects.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jan Walla
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jan Walla
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 00:35, daffydoug wrote:
I'm a little in the dark as to what we are getting with this unit. I guess those in the know are familiar with the technology, but I'm don't know how a single unit can accomplish such a wide span of effects.

Wraith I believe only allows one touch while Phantom can do multiple.
Not sure but I like to know if someone here as one or the other and can
elaborate how reliable it is.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
A few words on the theatrical principle behind my creation of Real Ghost (predecessor to Wraith) and now Wraith. They were designed with the idea in mind of creating a real time PK Touch where the very instant one person is touched, someone else feels it and to show the instant they feel it by standing up or raising a hand. To my knowledge, I was the first to attain this. Wraith was also built to create the illusion that you can project energy across a room with a visual indication (like suddenly moving your hand) and have someone feel it at the moment of that visual indication. In other words, to create stunning visual miracles. I designed Wraith with the firm belief that to create more touches after the first touch is to dilute the real-time aspect of the effect, to dilute the miracle into a puzzle or a trick. Wraith can and does create all of the effects shown on the demo video clip (http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/wraith.php).

Regarding a comparison between Phantom and Wraith, I am not at liberty to discuss the workings of Peter's device but I will happily describe how Wraith works in detail if you send me a PM.

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Morgan Strebler recently became aquatinted with my work at the 2014 MindVention. This was his comment on Wraith:

“The most revolutionary method of PK Touch I’ve ever seen.”

Thanks, Morgan.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I can attest to the effectiveness of both Real Ghost and now Wraith.

There's nothing like the gasps you get, when you touch one person and another person across the room feels it and stands up.
Awesome piece of kit.

Steve
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
This is absolutely a must have. It will DESTROY your audience. Highly Recommend!!!

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I have just used Wraith in 27 shows in the past 2 weeks. It was overwhelmingly the favorite part of the programs based on the responses to the survey I sent out afterwards. I use two so I can have a total of 3 volunteers for my routine. I will be picking up a third at ECSS in January as a backup as these will now be a staple in my show going forward.

Highly recommended and Christopher is excellent to deal with - any and all questions I had were responded to extremely quickly either by email or phone call.

Chad
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Could you do a second touch in the same routine and if so would the reset be fast and invisible for the second one ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Wraith by Christopher Taylor (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL