The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scream by Jamie Daws (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Sounds great - is there a vid performance anywhere Jamie?
Thanks
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Jamie,

I just ordered but didn't see a list of available downloads - did I miss a page somewhere? Looking forward to this - thanks.

ryan
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Prince, There isn't as of yet, but there will be a video up in the next day or so of some of the reactions this receives. Just to give you an idea of how it makes people scream and gasp!

rgnprof, shoot me a message about what you mean man and ill help you out! Smile

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Two thirds now sold! Can't wait until you all get the chance to make your spectators SCREAM!!!

Jamie Daws
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Here is a little taste of what SCREAM really does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPNM7aCAMI

Jamie Daws
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
488 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Preordered Smile Do you have an ETA?
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
SCREAM UPDATE!

Thank you all for your patience! I am pleased to tell you that SCREAM has finally be shipped!

Your digital Video Download, PDF and Photos will be sent to your inboxes within the next 48 hours!

I had some requests asking if extra gimmick and photo packs are available, I have made this option available to all previous purchasers now!

SCREAM REFILL PACK: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/screamrefillpack

Equally, if you are a previous purchase of any version of SCREAM, I have set up an exclusive page for you. Simply follow the instructions and you'll be able told download the new photos and the new video download!

SCREAM PREVIOUS PURCHASERS PAGE: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/screampreviousowners

Please let me know how you all get on with it! I hope you enjoy making people SCREAM!

Jamie Daws
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Look at you!!! Thank you friend
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2374 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just to clarify for previous owners. It is the Scream 2.0 that you are pulling the words from not the original version. Took me a few tries to figure out it wasn't the original release.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1636 Posts

Profile of JamieD
It is indeed Paul! Thank you for correcting me good sir! Smile Previous owners, the version 2.0 PDF!

Jamie Daws
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Personally, I don't think Scream has anything to do with dark or bizarre magic. I think it is the worst kind of magic. Tricks like this, Jon Allen's Phobia (which this basically is) and Jim Pace's The Web are simply boys playing silly, unpleasant tricks on people. They give magicians a really bad reputation.

People like Dynamo, Derren Brown and Richard Jones in he UK and many others around the world, are doing everything they can to enhance the art of magic in the public's eyes and then these silly things come out and prove to the great general public that we are a bunch of rather spiteful, giggling schoolboys.

"But it's just a bit of fun" you say. "Yes", I say, "at the expense of the onlooker."

What a shame!
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, James Fortune wrote:
Personally, I don't think Scream has anything to do with dark or bizarre magic. I think it is the worst kind of magic. Tricks like this, Jon Allen's Phobia (which this basically is) and Jim Pace's The Web are simply boys playing silly, unpleasant tricks on people. They give magicians a really bad reputation.

People like Dynamo, Derren Brown and Richard Jones in he UK and many others around the world, are doing everything they can to enhance the art of magic in the public's eyes and then these silly things come out and prove to the great general public that we are a bunch of rather spiteful, giggling schoolboys.

"But it's just a bit of fun" you say. "Yes", I say, "at the expense of the onlooker."

What a shame!

Jeez!
Lighten up.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2200 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Just saw the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance.

Cannot describe my disappointment.

This isn't magic. This is a dollar store prank with a $21 price tag. My only hope is that I will be able to ditch the ending and make something worthwhile out of the props.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
What do you mean "Lighten up", reignofsound?

I am a professional magician, it's how I feed my children. Can you imagine me (or anyone) doing this at the Wedding Reception I will be paid to entertain at tomorrow night. In front of the bride or grandma?

Do you think it's OK to startle and scare the people you are performing to with a cheap schoolboy gag?

If you watch the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance by my dear friend Dave, you will see the audience member is horribly shocked and says "I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Oh my God, you idiot!" Also, Dave doesn't look at all comfortable and finally giggles it off.

If this is the response ("You idiot!") you want from your audience rather than wonder and applause then, with deepest respect and love, I pity you.
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I think you are right

I also think there is a time and place [audience] for this sort of effect

It's not a paying audience [of strangers]

It's to friends [who know you do 'real' magic] - it's for girls [you've just met] on a night out, it's a practical joke type effect

I thought it was perfect for my weekly meet up [only as it's halloween]

Not sure I would use it again

I also don't think the end effect [without the 'shocker' ending] will get much reaction - but they said on the video it would

I have to say the Vlog demo is much stronger than on the product DVD

I will find out if the ending before the bang gets any reaction - and let you all know

But I understand what you mean

I would never do it at a real show, this is mates, or to impress / scare a girl while out and about

I wasn't all that excited when I opened it to see what it was [as there was no performace footage before I bought it]

But let's put the candles out, and try it out... must make sure I have a defibrillator on stand by
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
What do you mean "Lighten up", reignofsound?

I am a professional magician, it's how I feed my children. Can you imagine me (or anyone) doing this at the Wedding Reception I will be paid to entertain at tomorrow night. In front of the bride or grandma?

Do you think it's OK to startle and scare the people you are performing to with a cheap schoolboy gag?

If you watch the VLog from Alakazam showing a full performance by my dear friend Dave, you will see the audience member is horribly shocked and says "I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Oh my God, you idiot!" Also, Dave doesn't look at all comfortable and finally giggles it off.

If this is the response ("You idiot!") you want from your audience rather than wonder and applause then, with deepest respect and love, I pity you.

Why comment on an effect you have no interest in doing?
I doubt anyone on the Café would do this at a wedding.

Its a bit of fun for Halloween and gets a jump scare reaction.
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2016, reignofsound wrote:

Because I'm astonished and disappointed that anyone calling themselves a magical entertainer would do these type of effects.

In my humble opinion, they shouldn't be sold in proper magic shops but only by joke shops where you can also buy blackface soap, chewing gum that snaps the fingers of your victim and other horrible childish things.

I actually think that doing these type of tricks on unsuspecting people is a form of bullying.
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1433 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
Quote:

Because I'm astonished and disappointed that anyone calling themselves a magical entertainer would do these type of effects.

In my humble opinion, they shouldn't be sold in proper magic shops but only by joke shops where you can also buy blackface soap, chewing gum that snaps the fingers of your victim and other horrible childish things.

Erm...

Criss Angel
Kevin James
Penn & Teller
Simon Drake
David Blaine

All do things for a reaction like that?
Jesus a cap to make a bang.
What about Simon Drake's Decapitation?

Ever thought some spectators actually like to be scared.
So sawing your arm tricks etc with fake blood just belong in a joke shop?

Just to add Peter Nardi has just sent an email out saying best reaction ever to the performance on the vlog.

Great effect for the Halloween season.
End of.
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Quote:
Erm...

Criss Angel
Kevin James
Penn & Teller
Simon Drake
David Blaine

All do things for a reaction like that?
Jesus a cap to make a bang.
What about Simon Drake's Decapitation?

Ever thought some spectators actually like to be scared.
So sawing your arm tricks etc with fake blood just belong in a joke shop?

Dear reignofsound,

You have completely missed my point.

All those tricks and magicians are wonderful. I, myself, am also a theatre director and I have just won two awards for my production of Sweeney Todd. It was dark, scary, full of blood, slit throats and lovely shocks.

But no audience member was personally in danger or perceived themselves to be in danger.

I once performed the guillotine on stage and a grown man volunteered to help. Half way through the trick, he became genuinely scared and begged to be let out. Of course I let him out but it was deeply shocking and embarrassing moment for both of us and I felt I had bullied and abused him appallingly, albeit unwittingly. It was a lesson I have never forgotten.

There a "fourth wall" in theatre that should only be breached with great care. That's why Simon Drake does the guillotine on himself.

Tricks like Scream directly affect the "victim". They are invasive. That's what I find deeply unpleasant. How do you know whether one of your "victims" hasn't a genuine and deep-seated fear of bangs or spiders or what have you? How do you know what damage you might be doing? Yes, think of it, a magic trick causing actual or physiological damage to an audience member. Horrible thought, isn't it? We must have empathy to be performers.

But, of course, as I have said, it is just my opinion. Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1602 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Also it's horses for courses

If you do card magic - you maybe don't see the point in coin trick releases

If you do shock magic - this might be of interest [?]

For me, I'm more into mentalism - but this is a Halloween effect for me

I did try one of the caps - as needed to know they would work - as the trigger doesn't seem very strong

They are louder than I thought

And in terms of this should be in a joke shop - I'm not sure there are many joke shops around, you mean sea side sweet shop that has some jokes and naughty items in stock [?]

If so - I doubt it would have been invented - as this effect needed a little more to come to market - then, hmm, this will sell in a shop full of candy rock ***'s [plural should be peni ?]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scream by Jamie Daws (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL