The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is there any market for a Sharpie with multiple reveals on it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I've seen some places selling ones that have a single reveal for more money. How would I determine if there's a market for a Sharpie that would have up to 5 reveals on it. It would likely be 2 color reveals and 3 different card revelations. I might even be able to do 2 colors, 3 cards, and something else.

I'm just wondering if there's a market for something like this. I think I could get it done for less than $5.

This would look like a normal black Sharpie when you first hand it to someone. Unlike some that are out there, it would not change the Sharpie logo, so even someone looking at this would likely not notice it until you pointed it out (unless they looked really closely).
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Personally, this does not interest me but reveals like this seldom do. From what I can gather though from other threads it would be popular with other styles of magic presentation.

If this reply sounds patronising, my apologies, it wasn't meant to Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I would be interested.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Jugglestruck,

I didn't take it as patronizing at all. I appreciate the feedback.

It could be used as part of a multiple out routine.
It could be used as a card reveal as they are holding the marker in their hands for a while doing different things.
It will be an actual Sharpie, it won't be a knock-off or an emptied out sharpie.

I'm going to make some at some point in the near future, was trying to see if I should make a bunch and offer it to people.

Shipping costs from the maker to me and from me to the individual will be more than the cost of the marker. But if I can order in bulk, that would help a lot, at least on the part of getting it to me. To go from a handful to 100 barely changed the shipping cost to me. The effect on the cost per marker is drastic.

Jamie - thanks. Shipping to Scotland would make it more expensive but when I do this I'll look into it and let you know.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Truly depends on the effect. Shoot me a message, and I can give you some feedback if you would like.
NateReeves
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of NateReeves
I think it also depends on who you release it through.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Just released by Richard Sanders.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 13:55, Glenn Watson wrote:
Just released by Richard Sanders.

Yes - for 29.95 for 2 reveals.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Kenton Knepper has "Sharpie Sense" ... 2 card reveals, 1089, 37, and Triangle/Circle reveals on one sharpie!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Is there any market for a Sharpie with multiple reveals on it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL