The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » AES GOETIA (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Ed, that is one work of art
SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1363 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Public service announcement: there are 11 remaining.

Thank you again for your support and enthusiasm.

All best,
BC
Phasmologist
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Very proud to be the owner of Aes Goetia number 28. It arrived today in a cloud of sulphur (and a UPS van). It is of course, stunning.
And I suspect with the right build up - truly alarming.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
My AG turned up a few weeks ago. And upon first check and handling. I was actually a little dissapointed. Shouts of NO, BLasphemy! And Silence fool will know pour out, but let me explain.

First of all, I actually thought the wooden plug which holds the aes goetia, was a wooden disk/box. So I thought there would be a lid and a bottom (or 2 parts of wood to encase the metal disk)

So I panicked and thought I had a defective AG. (if theres even such a thing)

Second of all, I looked at the wooden plug and saw that the aging was only on one side, and the other was nice and shiny. Whaa? again I thought I had a defective AG.

and thirdly, when I inspected the actual AG copper disk, I noticed on the back of the disk pieces, some of the pinkish copper was still showing through, and didn't seem to have been aged properly.

Now, I have of course read the manual since then, and understand that theres nothing wrong with my AG. Yes I know its not defective lol.

And after handling it more and more, I have begun to love my AG even more. Ive decided which method to use to make the demon vanish and reappear, and Im looking forward to using this in a parlour show where Il be using other spirit devices to show the physical demon activity in the room.

Overall I would give this a 9.5/10. (hmm ok maybe a 9.75/10) but only because I wanted the back of the disks to be aged a little bit more.

And I want to make mention of the service by Dan and the Prof. Lebanon Circle has always shipped my items within 2 weeks or less, and come from the land down under. great customer service!

And the Prof is truly a gent, who has often answered countless questions from a young bizarrist. Never even having the slightest impatience. Ive become a fan of his work, and AG is ceratinly one of my favourites.

Like the other owners here, Im proud and glad I got my AG. I think in future years to come, it will truly be a rare collectors piece. Very happy I didn't miss out!

kindly,
M.I.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Truth be told, I struggled to find the money for this, but I'm so glad I got there in the end. It's an amazing artefact. As soon as I performed this for the first time, and saw people's reactions, I knew I'd made a wise purchase. I really appreciate Prof BC's attention to detail, both in writing the Performance Manual and carefully creating a backstory, and also in ageing these so well using the finest materials. Many thanks Prof BC and Dan!
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
So I was discussing with my wife wether we could afford this or not realizing the price was in GBP I clicked on the paypal link to see how much it would convert to in USD. I was giving a fabulous argument for buying it for my birthday in June but getting it now because there were only 11 left. She was ummin and aarin so I said come on babe it would be as easy as hitting the 'pay now' button, when my finger accidentally hit the trackpad and paid now!

I blamed it on the Demons of course.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
You will not regret it Silvertongue...it is without a doubt one the most unique bizarre magic props of all time.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5238 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Dare I ask, how many - if any - are remaining now?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
546 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
The Demons made me do it.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2613 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 19:30, Papasmurf wrote:
The Demons made me do it.

Cool, then it's not yer fault!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 14:58, Silvertongue wrote:
So I was discussing with my wife wether we could afford this or not realizing the price was in GBP I clicked on the paypal link to see how much it would convert to in USD. I was giving a fabulous argument for buying it for my birthday in June but getting it now because there were only 11 left. She was ummin and aarin so I said come on babe it would be as easy as hitting the 'pay now' button, when my finger accidentally hit the trackpad and paid now!

I blamed it on the Demons of course.

Silvertongue, hope your wife didn't unleash her inner demons on you after that! Smile heh

kindly,
M.I.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Well the bonus of it is when I checked my account online my accountant had deposited a sum of money from the taxman $10 shy of the cost of this.

I received the instructions for this effect last night and it has my mind buzzing! I could tell this was something special when I first heard about it and now I know it is, makes me feel like I'm in some sort of Da vinci code mystery but a lot darker. Just beginning to do a general research on this subject I see there is plenty of fodder for thought.
-Shantideva

spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
This is as much a work of art as an effect. It is definitely an investment that will increase in value, although I can't imagine selling it.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Ok folks, stock update....

ONE LEFT!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I am tempted to buy a second and sell it for a profit in the future. Someone better jump on this!!
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Yes that would be truly evil!!!
-Shantideva

LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
895 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On 2013-04-29 06:14, necroloid wrote:
I am tempted to buy a second and sell it for a profit in the future. Someone better jump on this!!

That would be a wise investment. I get people asking for copies of 'Ghost' who are willing to pay almost double the price - but alas, this is also sold out!
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Time for you to make a new book test up then. My vote goes to a Lovecraft edition.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
231 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Are they all gone?
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Yes, looks like they are all sold out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » AES GOETIA (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL